Talk

Advanced search

Previously outdoor cat refusing to go out

(4 Posts)
choosername1234 Mon 07-Sep-20 21:43:10

Hi,
I have a 4yr old neutered female moggy who has been an outdoor cat from as soon as she was able to go out. She has always been confident outside & would happily come in for food & was usually inside overnight but always toileted outside (we didn't need a litter tray).

We went away for the first 2 weeks of August and put her into a cattery / cat hotel. We did this because last year we went away for 1 week and the cat poo'd & wee'd through the house despite frequent visits from a neighbour to feed & stroke her (litter tray provided whilst away was always cleaned).
Since she came back from the cattery, she has not left the house & has been using the litter tray we have had to provide for her. She is still eating well but does nothing other than eat, sleep & poo (and wee).
I'm worried because this is such a change in her behaviour. We have tried a felliway plug in with no obvious benefit noted. Any advice welcome, thank you

OP’s posts: |
choosername1234 Mon 07-Sep-20 21:56:16

I have asked for this to be moved to The Litter Tray

Eng123 Mon 07-Sep-20 22:05:05

So long as the animal seems content I wouldn't worry. At least she is using a litter tray now.

choosername1234 Tue 08-Sep-20 09:56:32

True, but the sudden change has me worried.
Anyone else please....?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in