Talk

Advanced search

Help

(15 Posts)
queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 13:15:15

I think my indoor cat has escaped. I've been outside calling her name but nothing. Any tips to find her? Will she come back?
A workman left the front door open now I can't find her. Maybe she's hiding in the house somewhere but I don't think so. Really panicking...

OP’s posts: |
HappyHammy Thu 12-Mar-20 13:17:28

Have you rattled some dreamies or packets of her favourite food. She may be inside somewhere. Put her litter tray outside and something with her smell on it like a blanket and a box for her to sit in. Have you got a garden she might be hiding in?

thecatneuterer Thu 12-Mar-20 13:18:01

It's hard to know without more details. Why is she an indoor cat? (breed reasons? dodgy location? something else?). How long have you had her? Is she neutered?

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 13:18:32

I have been rattling treats.... I do have a garden which I've checked...
when the workman has gone I am going to go round the house again. I really hope she's hiding inside somewhere

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 13:19:19

She is neutered, had her just over a year. She is microchipped. Indoors as I didn't want her to get lost or run over if she went out

HappyHammy Thu 12-Mar-20 13:20:24

Have you looked under the beds, sofa, chairs - cats can get into small spaces. Have you got a shed, garage or anything that she could have climbed in, fences? Have you checked the workmans van to see if she might have got in there. They are such a worry.

thecatneuterer Thu 12-Mar-20 13:20:55

OK, well I'm sure she'll come back if she did get out. If you don't find her within a few hours then leave food outside your house.

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 13:21:13

I am going to check under the beds and small spaces again now, and workman's van...

thecatneuterer Thu 12-Mar-20 13:26:38

Really try not to worry. She's knows this is home and, if she has gone to explore, she will come back.

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 13:28:14

Thank you, I hope so. The kids will be distraught, hopefully I'll find her before they come home...

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 14:35:55

She was here the whole time!
Don't know where she was but I was outside looking for half an hour and when I came back she was just there behind the door looking at me!!!!! I swear I turned this house upside down!

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

dementedpixie Thu 12-Mar-20 14:36:55

She probably wandered in while you werent looking or was hiding under a bed ignoring you

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 14:38:56

Probably. Little madam!

oldestchild90s Thu 12-Mar-20 14:40:13

What a great ending to the story 😻 glad she's ok!

queenjaneappro Thu 12-Mar-20 14:42:51

Thank you 😻

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in