Talk

Advanced search

Worrying over nothing???

(12 Posts)
Alakazam7 Fri 26-Jan-18 20:24:32

My 2 year old black and white boy is sleeping almost all day and all night at the moment. He seems normal otherwise but only seems to spend max 4 hours a day awake. He will get up if anything disturbs him, for meals, to play a little or go out.
I had put it down to the bad weather but as it carries on I’m doubting myself and wondering if something’s wrong. It’s been nearly a month now and was thinking about taking him to Vets. It’s as if he’s semi hibernating! Right to worry or Am I just being too pfc?

OP’s posts: |
lljkk Fri 26-Jan-18 20:27:12

How old?
Mine sleep all day on bad weather days.

lljkk Fri 26-Jan-18 20:27:21

... all day AND night.

AllButterShortbread Fri 26-Jan-18 20:29:37

I never cease to be amazed by my cat’s ability to to bugger all for extended periods of time when it’s cold. He’s just on power saving mode.

Also if he’s only two then last winter was still a kitten really so would have naturally been more lively.

Alakazam7 Fri 26-Jan-18 20:34:15

That’s great- he was much more active last year, that’s why I think I’ve noticed a lot of difference. So leave sleeping cats lie then!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 26-Jan-18 20:36:09

I'd be impressed if Harry was awake for 4 hours! He's always been a lazy bugger laid back and I sometimes have to prod him to make sure he's still alive!

I remember reading that you know your cat is ill if it slows down and wondering how I'd ever know...

Alakazam7 Fri 26-Jan-18 20:40:41

Ha,ha good to know I’m not the only one.

Want2beme Fri 26-Jan-18 20:49:01

One of mine is over-sleeping during this foul weather. I've been surprised just how much she's lounging around. My other one's nearly as bad lazy feckers articles.

Elusiveone Fri 26-Jan-18 21:23:55

I would not worry my two year old cat and nine year old do this. They just go out for a few hours in the morning and evening and sleep all other times. Lazy buggers lol

Toddlerteaplease Fri 26-Jan-18 21:36:30

I'd be amazed if my cats slept for longer than 20 minutes when I'm at home. They never sit still. My parents boy will sleep for hours!

Alakazam7 Fri 26-Jan-18 21:52:06

Think it’s because it’s the first time he’s done this cos of his age, so I’m not used to it! This is him (not) being busy at the moment! Thanks for the replies

Want2beme Fri 26-Jan-18 22:48:33

Oh yes, he is very rested. Sweet smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in