Talk

Advanced search

How to get ointment on to Sev?

(10 Posts)
Prokupatuscrakedatus Thu 13-Apr-17 20:50:19

DS discovered a scabbed over wound (1cm x 4 cm) on Sev's neck, just inside the turning fold. We took him to the vet and it's just an injury (no idea where he got it, he's an indoor cat) not excema.
The vet wants us to put cream on this wound.

We tried. Now I've got soft hands, DD has bite marks and Sev had to be regruntled with dreamies.

How do you all do it?

Trustyourself2 Thu 13-Apr-17 21:44:56

I can't suggest anything. I just give/apply meds when I have to & don't seem to have a problem. Someone else will be able to help.

Good luck.

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Apr-17 21:46:15

Wrap cat in towel. Kneel on floor and wedge squirming parcel between your knees. Apply cream. Release cat and wait for the repercussions.

Weedsnseeds1 Thu 13-Apr-17 21:46:50

Is it teeth or claws causing the damage? If claws, I recommend the cat burrito technique.

Itaintme Thu 13-Apr-17 21:47:10

Put it on quick when hes asleep? Wrap him in a towel?

Prokupatuscrakedatus Fri 14-Apr-17 09:23:38

Thanks for your answers. Failed again this morning.
When he's deeply asleep, he's on our wardrobe. I can't get up there. So this idea won't work.
We will try the towel approach. He knows towels because he enjoys being out in the rain and I don't enjoy wet cat on my Pöang.
So we'll need DD for the wrapping, DS to help keeping him quiet with goodies and me doing the cream.
And then I assume we run for it?

Toddlerteaplease Fri 14-Apr-17 09:55:02

Yes. Go on holiday for two weeks and then he might have forgotten by the time you get back.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 14-Apr-17 10:56:16

Don't unwrap the towel when you've finished, just let go and retreat. Battling out of the towel on his own will buy you previous escape time.

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 14-Apr-17 10:57:10

Precious not previous!

Prokupatuscrakedatus Fri 14-Apr-17 14:51:11

He's retreated to the top of our warderobe (IKEA PAX 2,36 m), there's a catsized space between wardrobe top and ceiling.
He spotted the towel and off he went.

We obviously need to plan this out on paper.

(How important is scabcream?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now