Talk

Advanced search

Never been in heat

(6 Posts)
messymonkeyskittycats Tue 07-Feb-17 20:53:34

So kitty's coming up to a year now, and she's never been in heat. I remember my other coming into heat around 6months.
She's never been done, so I'm now thinking she could be a he? But I don't see anything to prove this!
Is this normal? Do I need to take her to a vet?
My other girl (both total indoor cats) hasn't been done either but has regular heat cycles.

Vinorosso74 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:02:09

Why haven't you had them spayed? Even if they are indoor it's worth getting them done just takes one randy tom to sneak in.
Does the other one not get noisy wben she's in heat? Would be more pleasant for them and you if they get noisy plus no surprises.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:14:08

Ooh they go psycho if their not done.

thecatneuterer Tue 07-Feb-17 22:26:14

Even indoor only cats need to be done. As Fluffy says they go psycho otherwise. Normally around the age of four (if they haven't managed to fling themselves out of the windows before then) they become very, very aggressive and well, just psycho really. They are also likely to get pyrometras which can be fatal.

So don't worry about what sex they are. Just get them both to a vet (and double quick if you think you might have a male and female). Males have balls though, so it's not difficult to tell.

cozietoesie Tue 07-Feb-17 22:36:54

Some cats do mature later - Maine Coons if I recall. Trouble is that you just can't tell when once they get past a certain age. In 5 minutes time, she could be out of the door and into the night. Best book her in directly.

cozietoesie Tue 07-Feb-17 22:38:52

Sorry. I see you have two unneutered cats. You have been very very lucky. Book them both in first thing tomorrow morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now