Talk

Advanced search

What's he saying to me

(6 Posts)
MEgirl Wed 18-May-16 19:29:45

I wish I understood Cat. Unfortunately, I only speak English.

He announces himself very loudly when he comes through the cat flap, goes off to find something to eat then stand in the hall meowing. Sometimes, he sits in the hall shouting but if i walk towards him he'll run away. Sometimes it's a little meow as though something's wrong but then he runs. Occasionally it's for attention. He'll stop when I sit on the sofa and he curls up next to me. Is there a universal translator anywhere?

ElegantDream Wed 18-May-16 19:57:44

Wanting to play?

QforCucumber Wed 18-May-16 20:02:37

Ours mews for you to follow her - usually to the fridge as she wants some chicken or ham (spoilt) the door which she needs to be opened, or the cupboard where we keep her meat and biscuits.

Have you tried following him when he runs?

cozietoesie Wed 18-May-16 21:14:23

Answer every single meow, ME - he's trying to make contact. It can be an 'Unh Huh' or a 'Really?' etc but you have to talk right back to him. Every time. (If you manage that he likely won't talk so much.)

RubbishMantra Thu 19-May-16 11:48:01

I sometimes wonder about this, I don't even have to even be in the same room, and Little Monsieur will run about the house making excited noises. I imitate the noises he's making back to him (he doesn't miaow, he croons, trills and makes errr-yngah noises) but he seems to like it. I'm quite fluent in his native tongue now.

HonniBee Thu 19-May-16 11:53:38

Same as qforcucumber here! MadamCat will meow for us to follow her, usually to food during the day or to bed when she's decided it's bedtime. Won't stop until we follow her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now