Talk

Advanced search

Maggot soup! (don't read if about to have supper)

(7 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 01-Jul-15 19:34:02

I was almost single-handedly responsible for bringing a plague of flies!

How gross is this? If you look at the second photo, you can see some of the more enterprising wrigglies trying to escape over the side.

I keep a litter tray in the garden, which they've never used once. Been there through the wet, then sunny weather with compostable litter. Took the lid off, and found a foamy, crawly maggot gravy! envy

Dumped a load of bleach in there, but DH's gone out for more. I'm currently keeping watch for any escapees, armed with a trowel. Then down the drain would you reckon?

chockbic Thu 02-Jul-15 11:48:09

Burning in the fires of Hell, more like.

Vile creatures sad

code Thu 02-Jul-15 16:50:56

Man...that is grim.

RubbishMantra Thu 02-Jul-15 19:32:37

Savoury Gravy, those vile little things STILL weren't dead after 2 bottles of bleach, and a liberal helping of sulpur, and basically any other chemical in the house!

Shan't be eating prawns for a while... sad

cozietoesie Thu 02-Jul-15 19:39:28

I'd have tipped the lot on a flower bed in the full light of day - the birds would have made short work of them.

Yeuch though!

gamerchick Thu 02-Jul-15 19:43:39

Ah the birds would have loved them. I buy them by the half pint wink

RubbishMantra Thu 02-Jul-15 23:35:33

Birds don't come in our teeny tiny dank dark space courtyard, patrolled by 2 cats though. I forgot how much birds love them. Back in the day when I used to go fishing, a little Robin would follow me along the river, screaming at me for maggots. More I fed him, the bolder he got. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now