Smoke Alarm

(6 Posts)
Butterflywings168 Wed 03-Jun-15 03:59:25

I managed to burn dinner sad and set off the smoke alarm.
Madame ButterflyCat hid behind the sofa for hours, wouldn't even be tempted out by Dreamies - I couldn't sleep I was so worried sad She has reappeared, but doesn't seem to want cuddles. I feel terrible that she was scared sad what can I do to reassure her?

Quickfinch Wed 03-Jun-15 04:11:15

I think the best thing to do is just carry on with everything being normal, that is the most reasssuring thing for a worried creature. Carry on with usual things, that will make her feel loved and cosy, just by you being there and doing that.

Butterflywings168 Wed 03-Jun-15 04:24:11

Thanks Quick. I think you're right. Fussing will only make her feel there is really something to be scared of. At least she's come out smile am watching bad US sitcoms in bed which hopefully will help me to sleep (and Madame will hopefully recover and jump on me the second I get to sleep at some point, as usual grin)

Quickfinch Wed 03-Jun-15 05:08:36

You are right, exactly,

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 19:07:11

I'm not surprised. The noise of smoke alarms is designed to have us out of our beds, awake, panting and ready to flee, from the deepest sleep so I would expect it to be at least noticed by her.

Hope she's better. smile

Butterflywings168 Wed 03-Jun-15 20:13:37

Thanks Cozie. That's very true, it's designed to be unpleasant - I just felt awful but it's not possible to avoid all scary experiences. She's fine today smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now