Talk

Advanced search

My cat died yesterday

(4 Posts)
maxpower Sat 23-Jul-11 09:27:09

He was only 7 and I'm really sad. I saw him yesterday morning and was talking to him. He got up and sort of collapsed, it was horrible. I rushed to get dressed so I could take him to the vets and when I came back downstairs he had died. At the time I knew it was serious and I wasn't sure he'd survive the journey to the vets anyway. I kind of feel I shouldn't have bothered to get dressed and just sat with him. I just wonder if he'd have been more comforted if I'd stayed with him.

Brevity Sat 23-Jul-11 09:35:13

sad

So sorry for you. I think it happened so quickly that he wouldn't have known you weren't there. A similar thing happened to my cat, she deteriorated really quickly at the vets and I felt guilty for leaving her.
You were doing your best for him-you didn't know what was going to happen and planning to take him to the vets was the right thing to do.

mxl Sat 23-Jul-11 11:18:57

So sorry. Try not to worry. You cant have known he would die before you had got dressed, and taking him to the vets was the right thing to do.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 24-Jul-11 21:06:41

sad I'm sorry. You just werent to know though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now