Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a lurcher collar

(6 Posts)
Littlewoo Sat 13-May-17 10:32:53

We're finally getting our rescue girl home in a couple of weeks. Getting organised for everything we need and am a bit lost by which collar to buy for her. Have been looking at lurcher collars but confused about whether to get a martingale one or a normal one. Also is leather best?
Any advice much appreciated smile

Vicina Sat 13-May-17 11:58:13

Martingale is much safer.
I use fabric collars from Kitsch Collars, though I see she's on holiday at the moment!. www.kitschcollars.com/
They're well made and the velvet leads are comfortable to hold and just the right length.

Vicina Sat 13-May-17 12:00:08

Meant to add, I take the collar off in the house as the brass loop is big and the dog could catch her paw in it. She wears a narrow tag collar all the time, also from Kitsch Collars!

Littlewoo Sat 13-May-17 12:16:15

Thanks very much Vicina, I'll have a look at the website

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 13-May-17 18:32:48

Meggie Moo every time. Jo is the only collar maker I know of who regularly gets her collars and metalware tested for strength and durability. She's got a page on her website here explaining all about collar safety and the design she uses.

CMOTDibbler Sat 13-May-17 19:52:58

Martingales all the way. They are so much more secure.

Meggie Moo is my favourite, and Jo is so helpful. I do have some Kitsch collars as well.
Currently one of mine is wearing a soft rolled leather collar for his tag, and the other has a narrow Ancol nylon one that happened to look nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now