Advanced search

Should we get another dog?

(5 Posts)
EmmyCat Fri 10-Feb-17 17:58:55

Hello! We have a miniature Dachshund, Violet and a Lhasa Apso, Benji.
We have three children and I am pregnant. Benji is 4 and Violet is 2. DH has been pushing getting a dog again recently. He wants either a toy/miniature poodle, a German longhaired pointer, coonhound, corgi or a pug. This is the list he has presented me with. His all-time dream dog would be an old English sheepdog but I refuse to get one. My problems with getting a dog are that I don't want to be tasked with a baby and a dog at the same time even though I know DH will definitely take care of the dog himself but that is another concern because I'm worried that he'll bond with the dog and not the baby. But, I would like a dog. I do want one.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 10-Feb-17 18:06:11

I think you've got enough on your plate for now

SparklingRaspberry Fri 10-Feb-17 18:12:35

I also think you've got enough.

Puppies are hard work and need the time and devotion they deserve.
With a newborn on the way, I'm not sure the puppy would receive that.

Perhaps wait a year or two?

LumelaMme Fri 10-Feb-17 20:06:28

It would be more sensible to wait.

Also, when/if you get another dog, think hard about the breed. GLPs are a completely different beasts from pugs, and need a LOT more exercise.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 10-Feb-17 20:08:00

I assume you dh doesn't work and will be home to house train and walk all the dogs while you are tied up with dc?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: