Talk

Advanced search

Harness recommendations

(7 Posts)
Floralnomad Fri 25-Mar-16 14:16:09

My elderly and well used Doxlock harness is starting to go a bit threadbare and having looked for a replacement I can't seem to find one in the right size and it looks like they've been taken over by Julius K9 . Having had a poor buying experience with the K9 previously I'm not going to buy from them again so any recommendations for something similar / better . It needs to be escape proof , easy to put on and good to wash - dog is a patterdale X ,about 13kg . Thanks .

TrionicLettuce Fri 25-Mar-16 14:24:41

The Indi-Dog Houdini Ultra sounds like it would suit.

Absolutely escape proof, washes really well and easy enough to put on/take off/adjust.

I use them for all mine (three whippets and a real little houdini mongrel) and wouldn't use anything else, they're brilliant.

ceres Fri 25-Mar-16 15:05:21

We use perfect fit. They wash well and are fleece lined so nice and comfy for my very spoilt dog!! They also clip together so very easy to use and you can change individual parts if they get worn/outgrown/you fancy a different colour top piece. You can also buy matching leads (this may or may not matter to you!)

JohnCusacksWife Fri 25-Mar-16 15:42:55

Another vote for perfect fit. We have a terrier cross (with quite a bit of Patterdale in him, I think) and it's ideal - sturdy, easy to put on and escape proof.

LimeJellyHead Tue 29-Mar-16 10:20:47

Doxlock was by EzyDog I think. They changed it to the Convert harness a number of years ago, as far as I recall, so you might like this one www.dfordog.co.uk/ezydog-convert-dog-harness.html

A harness that you may also like is this one by Ruffwear www.dfordog.co.uk/ruffwear-web-master-dog-harness.html

Bubble2bubble Tue 29-Mar-16 12:56:03

Perfect Fit are great. It might take a bit of trial and error to get exactly the right size but once you do they seem inescapable - I have used them on skinny wriggly pups with no problem.

CreepingDogFart Wed 30-Mar-16 19:09:04

Walkyourdogwithlove

Best harnesses I've ever used and I've tried a LOT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now