Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used BorrowMyDog or similar?

(9 Posts)
PippaFawcett Sun 29-Nov-15 20:21:06

I am a potential borrower, I work ft and our house is tiny and we have young DC so getting our own dog isn't possible right now. I have just looked at BorrowMyDoggy and it looks like it could work well - I could walk early morns/evenings/weekends with the children etc.

Has anyone used the site? My problem would be that my hours are erratic so the walks I offer should be on top of the dog's daily requirement which might not work for someone.

lilwelshyrs Sun 29-Nov-15 20:29:59

Sign up! We lend our dog out and anything his second family can do for us is helpful smile

PippaFawcett Sun 29-Nov-15 20:33:37

There is a £10 fee for to message the owners which is annoying. How does it work for you, lilwelshyrs? I thought it might also help my DC stop asking for a dog if we had someone else's to walk from time to time.

TrionicLettuce Sun 29-Nov-15 20:38:10

Have a look at the Cinnamon Trust as well, there may be someone needing help with their dog in your area.

Looseleaf Sun 29-Nov-15 21:10:02

I joined and paid and contacted several owners but no one ever wanted us or went through with meeting. So I gave up and help a friend having her spaniel once a week instead which is working brilliantly and she says much better than her dog walker who shes bonded less well with !

lilwelshyrs Sun 29-Nov-15 21:11:27

It works really well smile the family take my boy three times a week. Two afternoons in the week and all day on a sunday!
The family dont have time for a dog of their own, and i now have a 3 week old DS so with DH back to work, i need all the help i can get!
Im very impressed though - they took him even in this weather! The kids really look forward to having him so the novelty shouldnt wear off too fast!
Its a shamr both owners and borrowers have to pay, but from my perspective, its saved me money in dog walkers so worth it for me... £45 for owners to put their profile up and contact people!

PippaFawcett Sun 29-Nov-15 21:14:36

I think it is worth it for the owners to pay, it saves them dog walking fees. But, if like LooseLeaf it doesn't work out it is a pain to have paid for that. There are only 9 dogs in my whole area on there so chances are it might not work. I have signed up though and I will give it a go, £10 is still cheaper than getting a dog! I am contemplating putting a sign in our village shop, I am sure most dog owners would appreciate an extra pair of hands to call on.

Hoppinggreen Mon 30-Nov-15 21:13:52

I am a borrower and for the £10 I also get insurance so I think it's worth it.
A lot of owners don't bother to reply and there are some piss takers as well but if you persevere it can work really well.

PippaFawcett Mon 30-Nov-15 21:25:43

Thanks Hopping. No replies so far, and I have messaged all three possibles out of the nine on there and I can see they have read the messages. Looks like I don't need insurance anyway! Feels a bit rude to ignore someone offering to walk your dog/keep it company for free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now