Talk

Advanced search

i need to ask Anal glands

(5 Posts)
Mrsjayy Fri 19-Jun-15 20:50:20

Jaydog got his glands cleared today and he he has been acting likevhe needs a poo but not doing anything all afternoon is this normal is he maybe feeling a bit delicate back there our last dog never bothered when she got hers done

LimeJellyHead Sat 20-Jun-15 13:50:32

Anal glands are really sensitive and easily 'bruised'. They could now be bothering him by feeling a bit tender. Having an odd feeling there makes his head say I must need a poo. Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow.

Who did it for him? Maybe if it is going to have to be a regular thing, learn to do it yourself and then you can be nice and gentle. Emptying anal glands cannot be rushed by squeezing hard.

Mrsjayy Sat 20-Jun-15 20:17:25

He is fine today thanks back to normal the vet did it he was in for his boosters and check up i can do anything poop sick but anal glands the vet is better at it <shudder>

LimeJellyHead Sun 21-Jun-15 20:29:37

lol, well it is quite easy. If it does become a recurrent problem then just ask if you need help. Vets will be happy to show you plus I am a seasoned pro, lol. But hopefully it was a one off smile

Mrsjayy Mon 22-Jun-15 09:50:27

Tbh he would probably bite me if i did it 2 minutes at the vets and its done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now