Talk

Advanced search

I have found a dog I actually must have and DH is being unreasonable.

(16 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 23-Apr-13 20:08:39

I frequently peruse the Many Tears site and fall for dogs.

But this is different. This is actual love. I need this dog.

Bloody H is being helpful and pointing out the cats being upset and his mother who dogsits might not cope and we already have too many.

Git.

Anyway. I can't link as on phone. But it's Idris.

Even his name is perfect.

LadyTurmoil Tue 23-Apr-13 20:16:02

www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=6616 here he is!

AtYourCervix Tue 23-Apr-13 20:17:27

Isn't he perfect?

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Tue 23-Apr-13 20:23:10

I love him. He has a lovely name although I may be biased as I was snuggling a newborn Idris at the weekend.

He'd make a perfect replacement for the baby!

Twattybollocks Thu 25-Apr-13 08:50:38

He looks lovely. I hate to think how a dog like that has never been a pet or in a home situation. Guard dog types or breeds you can sort of understand but a datschund?

Wolfiefan Thu 25-Apr-13 08:55:56

Ex breeding dog. Kept outside I guess. Many Tears get lots of these. He probably won't be toilet trained and may well be nervous. Can you go meet him?

He has a lovely face. You should get him. Do it. Do it now <dog pusher>

issey6cats Thu 25-Apr-13 10:14:47

how could your hubby resist that little face hes georgous

3kids2cats2dogs Thu 25-Apr-13 12:47:17

awww go get him he is lovely, how could anyone turn that gorgeous face down, we got a rescue rottie 5 weeks ago, like you I see his picture on the rehoming site and just fell in love, he is a bit of a bugger but no more than expected xx

SavoyCabbage Thu 25-Apr-13 12:49:29

Is there a site you could rehome your dh? Problem solved.

herladyship Thu 25-Apr-13 22:49:49

LTB winkgrin

HeyYoniYoni Thu 25-Apr-13 22:56:27

He will piss. Everywhere.

MsJupiterJones Thu 25-Apr-13 23:08:43

I also regularly peruse the Many Tears site and fall in love. 18 months since our lovely dog died but as we can't get another right now I just torture myself by looking!

Idris is gorgeous, love a daschund.

higgle Fri 26-Apr-13 10:13:20

We had a Many Tears dog after falling in love with him on the site, he sadly died of cancer 17 months later but he brought so much joy into our lives (especially because he would not accept that snuggling under the covers in bed was not allowed, and eventually we gave in) DH was converted from a "no more dogs" man to someone who wants to rehome every unloved elderly staffie in the country! Go for it!

AtYourCervix Fri 26-Apr-13 16:05:27

He's been reserved. But not by me. sad for me but smile for him.
We're not actively looking for a new dog but aged collie isn't going to last much longer. Not that I want to replace him at all but. ......

Anyway. I might see if MT could hold my details and do home check and stuff for when we're ready.

And having one fairly incontinent dachshund means we're kind of used to piss up the curtains.

AtYourCervix Fri 26-Apr-13 16:09:00

Although bloody bloody H has fallen for one of his basses puppies (which will grow to be an enormous, white hairy mountain dog type).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now