Talk

Advanced search

Old episodes fo Sex and the City

(23 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 27-Jul-08 14:02:13

I went to see the movie a few weeks back, having never seen any of the TV episodes. I LOVED the movie and think i'd like to buy a set of allthe old epispodes to gradually work my way through when I'm in on my own at night if DH is working.

How many episodes were there please, in total, so that I make sure I buy the whole set?

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 14:06:54

There are 6 box sets, not sure how many episodes on each though, HMV and woolworth are good places to get them

mckenzie Sun 27-Jul-08 15:54:33

thanks kimi. So, if it says series 1-6, then it's the whole thing yes?

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 16:42:45

Welcome, yes there are 6 box sets each a series.
I have the first 5 and need to get the 6th.
Glass of wine and a bar of choc, you can't go wrong grin

If you live near me I will come and watch with you grin

mckenzie Sun 27-Jul-08 17:02:13

thanks kimi. I've just been told that a friend of mine has the whole series and has already watched them all so she is going to lend them to me in exchange for the Cold Feet series. Trouble is, I have an exam at the beginning of September and should really be studying!! I can see I will have to be very good and limit myself to 1 episode per evening (I'm assuming they are 60 mins long??)

Kimi Sun 27-Jul-08 17:05:41

I think they might be 45 not 60 but not sure, enjoy grin

Snaf Sun 27-Jul-08 17:08:41

Each episode is half an hour. You can watch two!

dancedance Sun 27-Jul-08 17:12:38

They're either 30 or 45, so 1 is never enough I found! the series are all different lengths as well, think the shortest has 12 but longest has 24. Something like that anyway

hellsbells76 Sun 27-Jul-08 17:20:18

they're often on paramount comedy from about 10pm too

maidamess Sun 27-Jul-08 17:26:58

They are shown on Fiver (don't know what channel no. this is I'm afraid) back to back on A wednesday, as I recall, from 9pm

mckenzie Sun 27-Jul-08 17:55:04

thanks everyone. Trouble with watching it on the TV channels is that I probably won't get to watch it right from the beginning, it's be half way through series 3 or somehting daft. But with the DVDs or videos I can watch it all in the right order.

I cant believe that i am getting excited about watching a TV programme!

Amethyst86 Sun 27-Jul-08 18:15:26

You could get one of these this box sets here. I have the shoebox one and its fabulous.

Fadge Sun 27-Jul-08 18:20:08

Paramount is showing first series upward again.

southeastastra Tue 29-Jul-08 09:04:02

i watched the whole lot in a couple of sittings, well worth it if you can spare the time!

lucykate Tue 29-Jul-08 09:21:54

hellsbells is right, it's on paramout every weekday night, 2 episodes from 10pm. i'm pretty sure the re-run is only about half way through series one, so if you'd be able to see it all, they keep repeating the whole lot, all the way through to the very last episode.

101handbags Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:05

Oh my, you are in for such a treat. I watched this right from the very beginning when it was on tv and every morning after the night it was shown the girls at work and I would say 'I can't believe they mentioned that... and that.. '. I actually think the tv series is waaaay better than the film, so if you enjoyed the film you will love the series. My sister came to see the film with me, she had never seen the series either, loved it and has had my shoebox set ever since and like you is slowly working through them all. Agree with the poster who says get wine, chocs.. would add a box of tissues for the occasional episode... especially 'I heart New York' - the best episode ever. Enjoy!

meglet Tue 29-Jul-08 20:34:50

as said before they are on Fiver on Weds, but also on Saturdays as I discovered this weekend! yay! I think Fiver is Freeview channel 36?

I think they are currently on the second series though so you've missed a bit. The first series wasn't the best though.

mckenzie Tue 29-Jul-08 21:12:37

thanks everyone. We saw an episode last night (I don't remember which channel) where Samantha falls in love with some guy (Jack??) but then discovers he has a small dick and she is devastated smile It was on quite late which suited last night as it was too hot to go to bed before about 11.30 but I'm normally in bed about 10.30 at the lastest as my DD has a habit of waking anywhere around 6/6.15 sad. I'll have a good look through the listings tonight and see what time it's on where.

lucykate Tue 29-Jul-08 21:49:47

mckenzie, that episode was on paramount, i saw it too last night. get ready for bed, watch sex & the city between 10 and 11, then straight in bed, it'll be so worth it!

threestars Wed 30-Jul-08 00:08:16

did you just buy them from me on ebay? DH listed all MY SATC dvds on my account without my consent. Have had to send them off today, while sobbing.

mckenzie Wed 30-Jul-08 10:03:35

no threestars, not me. Do you mind telling me how much they went for?
Why did your DH do that? Can you sell his boxing/Grand prix/FA Cup final DVDs now to get your own back?

mckenzie Wed 30-Jul-08 23:08:07

how/why/how/why did I miss this when it was on originally???? Just followed your pattern lucykate. Good night.

lucykate Thu 31-Jul-08 00:19:51

so have i grin, except i seem to have gone wrong somewhere as i'm not in bed yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now