Talk

Advanced search

olymoic dreams did anyone see this oast night?

(11 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RoRoMommy Wed 16-Jul-08 09:56:51

I wanted to watch this but DH won out with Kubric's Boxes. oh well. Was it good?

brimfull Wed 16-Jul-08 10:02:31

yes that dad was blatantly honest about why he was pushing his kids wasn't he

he stated that if Romeo the eldest was successful then the two youngest wouldn't have to go into competitive sport as they would all be rolling in the £££

brimfull Wed 16-Jul-08 10:07:15

he was a fecking eejit

saying he would die happy if he succeeded in making his children a successhmm what about your own aspirations,your child's own aspirations...weirdo

scaryteacher Wed 16-Jul-08 11:17:35

I felt for those kids. I think Tom Daley the diver is balanced with what he does, but that Welsh guy made my skin crawl. What memories of childhood are those kids going to have? What will he do if his daughter gets tits and hips when she hits puberty?

I also felt desperately sorry for the judo guy. I hope he makes it.

DocBunches Wed 16-Jul-08 11:40:33

I saw this and also found the Welsh guy really creepy - he had weird eyes which were devoid of any emotion and all the children were, eerily, the spitting image of him!

I wondered if the reason for having so many children was to increase the odds of at least one becoming a champion?

PS - could not believe Venus was training for up to 28 hours a week at the age of 11 and the father admitting they don't have any social life other than within their chosen sport.

tortoiseSHELL Wed 16-Jul-08 19:35:00

That level of training is normal for gymnastics at top level! Even for 11 year olds.

THe middle names were cracking too - can't remember them all but it was something like

Venus Valentina
Angel Aphrodite
etc etc

jetgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 21:48:06

There was Achilles Spartacus, Isis something and Caesar Augustus Constantine too shock

tortoiseSHELL Wed 16-Jul-08 23:07:09

Isis Ivy I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now