Advanced search

kabbalah programme

(10 Posts)
Beetroot Thu 13-Jan-05 22:54:17

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Sun 16-Jan-05 09:57:11

Message withdrawn

Whizzz Sun 16-Jan-05 10:13:57

I saw it - gist was (in a nut shell) - that it was started by one rabbi who then started calling himself a Dr (but didn't have the qualifications). He interpretted some Jewish texts & made him own book which he got others to sell door to door. Basically he & his wife made loads of cash & live the high life in America. THe message being - spend loads of money & do as I say - They even sell 'Kabbalah water'. Struck me as being more of a cult & the leaders seem out to make money. (well that was my view !)

Twiglett Sun 16-Jan-05 10:46:44

didn't see it but I can tell you categorically that the Kaballah movement is a money-making scam that is so far away from the basis of what the Kaballah is supposed to stand for its scary

One example is this stupid 'red string' they sell for oodles of pounds ($20 I think I read) because its been wrapped round Rachel's tomb 7 times .... well Rachel's Tomb is in the heart of palestinian territories ..its a difficult journey to get there .. you wouldn't be able to have a production line going because there's so many orthodox / religious Jews worshiping there .. AND they give the red string away for FREE ..

Beetroot Sun 16-Jan-05 11:12:06

Message withdrawn

Gomez Sun 16-Jan-05 11:45:22

Madonna should be hanging her head in shame, given her very public support of this lot .

Most outrageous comment from the Kabbalah during the programme - Eastern European Jews deserved the Holocaust as they were offered the Kabbalah teachings by Middle-Eastern Jews and ignored them - . Statement backed up with the following theory - a great number of Russian Jews adopted these teachings and Hitler was stopped in Russia, okay by the weather but who controls the weather. They are a classic cult.

Programme was very interesting.

aloha Sun 16-Jan-05 11:46:00

Dh told me all about it - huge con, completely mad, ideal for deranged, self-obsessed celebs. The couple who started it are rich beyond wildest dreams and she spends a lot on designer frocks and plastic surgery. It was highly enjoyable, apparently and I wish I'd seen it!

aloha Sun 16-Jan-05 11:48:05

Dh told me all about it - huge con, completely mad, ideal for deranged, self-obsessed celebs. The couple who started it are rich beyond wildest dreams and she spends a lot on designer frocks and plastic surgery. It was highly enjoyable, apparently and I wish I'd seen it!

Beetroot Sun 16-Jan-05 11:51:02

Message withdrawn

lowcalCOD Sun 16-Jan-05 12:07:09

anyone who says you have to wear those flat caps must be mad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now