Page 17 | Handmaid’s Tale Season 3 US PACE! ##Spoilers for UK viewers##

(407 Posts)
AcrossthePond55 Thu 06-Jun-19 00:47:08

We had a similar thread for season 2. This is specifically for those watching on Hulu in the US/elsewhere or UK streaming at the US pace so there be spoilers ahead for those watching at UK pace.

Please no spoilers if anyone has ‘advance knowledge’ of season 3 beyond the current episodes.

I’ve watched 2 of the 3 episodes dropped today. I’m pretty satisfied with things so far..I admit I got a bit emotional when it was clear that Emily and Nichole made it to Canada.

My only niggle right now is Mrs Lawrence. It’s pretty obvious she’s suffering from some type of MH condition. Yet everyone (pro Gilead)seems to buy Cdr Lawrence’s ‘she’s just tired’ or whatever excuses. Seems to me they’d be on the lookout for people outside the acceptable norm and anxious to ‘deal with them’.

I’ll be watching Ep 3 later tonight.

OP’s posts: |
BobbyGentry Wed 21-Aug-19 15:08:30

there *the
here *her
☺️ Thanks predictive text/autocorrect fail 😇

ElspethFlashman Wed 21-Aug-19 15:20:28

I got really confused when he gave her the BC and thought he meant her to swallow the whole packet as a form of morning after pill. Though I believe it doesn't always work and makes you sick as a dog.

Giving it to her for the future makes more sense though. It wasn't clear that's for sure.

I bet the gunshot will be blamed on Rita.

AcrossthePond55 Wed 21-Aug-19 18:41:00

I bet the gunshot will be blamed on Rita.

I can certainly see them blaming one of the women now safely in Canada.

The thing is, June should have been peacefully asleep in the Lawrence's house when the Plan was executed. She shouldn't have known anything about it. In fact, everyone that didn't escape to Canada should have been peacefully asleep in their respective houses.

The only way I can see is if one of the Lawrence Marthas escaped. June could say she discovered her 'in the act' and was shot. But then a gunshot in the house would have woken Cdr L and he would have been expected to raise an alarm.

I guess that's the real 'cliffhanger', isn't it?

AcrossthePond55 Wed 21-Aug-19 18:44:01

I think I'm going to re-watched the finale and see if I can find any 'hints' of things to come. Sometimes when you know the ending you see things you wouldn't have noticed before. grin

Shakennotshook Wed 21-Aug-19 22:51:50

I just dobt see how they can come up with an excuse for June being shot if they take her back. Its not like anyone will believe she tried to prevent rita abducting a bunch of kids.

I thought it was implied in the series that June didnt write the tale, it was recorded on CLs tapes?

beanaseireann Sat 24-Aug-19 09:24:15

I just watched the last episode from behind my hands. My heart was racing so much, I thought I might have a cardiac episode even though you really had to suspend disbelief.
52 children and Marthas escaping like that. How did they get the children to go, to leave the only " family " many would have remembered. There was a baby in Rita's arms fgs.
What did the Marthas say to the children that they were doing ?
How did the gun toting, search light using guards not see them ?
How did some of the children not whinge ?
There's always one smile
I missed the dialogue when Janine arrived prior to the departure from Cmdr Lawrence's house. What was she saying ?
That poor scared Martha who ran away. Will she be put on the wall ?

beanaseireann Sat 24-Aug-19 09:25:55

Acrossthepond55
You are going to rewatch the finale shock
I'm in awe - once was enough for me!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in