Talk

Advanced search

I need to talk about Transparent

(7 Posts)
EachandEveryone Fri 27-Oct-17 22:03:07

Anyone watching season 4? Aren’t they all loathsome? I’m enjoying it but jeez there’s not one of them I can take to anymore so self absorbed even the father!

Lottapianos Sat 28-Oct-17 09:00:28

I haven't seen any of season 4 yet but I watched the first 3 seasons and loved it. Yes they certainly are rather, um, challenging characters smile I think the writing is really brave though and the acting is wonderful. Must start season 4 this weekend

EachandEveryone Sun 29-Oct-17 18:42:56

You watched it yet?

Lottapianos Fri 03-Nov-17 10:17:43

Hi Each, I had a mini-marathon last night and watched the first 6 episodes of Season 4. grin I love it. Yes, the characters are awful in many ways but I think its easy to understand how all of them got that way. The three adult 'children' had a seriously messed-up upbringing, with both parents totally self-absorbed and needing to cling on to the idea of 'family' to make themselves feel more normal. I very much relate to that.

I love how Maura's character is both extremely selfish and extremely vulnerable. Davina's flashbacks and discussion in the pool with her friends about how the constant threat of homelessness has been a huge part of her life was heart breaking. Shelley can be monstrous at times but its mostly bravado - she's a frightened little girl inside. Not that it excuses her narcissism but it makes it more understandable.

I think its brave, brilliant writing (with the odd cringey self-satisfied moment thrown in) and amazing acting. Very disappointed that there has been no Rabbi Raquel so far, I really enjoyed her character
smile

Is anyone else a fan?

EachandEveryone Fri 03-Nov-17 15:09:06

Rabbi Raquel is fab in everything but I just couldn’t get into I love Dick.

I’m loving the music!

Lottapianos Fri 03-Nov-17 16:29:21

I enjoyed I Love Dick, even if the characters were also pretty tough to love! Kathryn Hahn is a gorgeous woman and a wonderful actor

Yes, the music in Transparent is great. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes

EachandEveryone Fri 03-Nov-17 17:24:42

Davina is my favourite

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now