Talk

Advanced search

Designated Survivor - anyone watching?

(34 Posts)
annandale Tue 10-Oct-17 05:07:02

Is it as shit as it seems grin

CJ Cregg seems a long time ago, watching women 20 years younger than their male coworkers stalk about on 4 inch heels.

Having said that, lots of lantern jawed gym bunnies on the male side too.

They seem to have forgotten to write much of a script.

mrselizabethdarcy Tue 10-Oct-17 05:17:29

Me! It's worth it just for Keifer Sutherland 😆

annandale Tue 10-Oct-17 05:47:17

I guess grin

allegretto Tue 10-Oct-17 06:13:16

Is it as shit as it seems

Yes 😁

Firstaidnovice Tue 10-Oct-17 06:14:48

I love Designated Survivor. It is utterly ridiculous, and stuffed full of cliche. But, it makes a refreshing change from more serious quality drama. It's nice to watch something where you don't feel you have to pause it if you go to the loo grin

annandale Tue 10-Oct-17 06:41:48

I'm a veteran, I have watched at least 2.5 episodes of Commander in Chief. Des Sig is better than that in that the walls don't shake when the doors close. I miss Donald Sunderland though.

acornsandnuts Tue 10-Oct-17 06:52:55

Oh god. Keifers un failing empathy with the world gets on my tits. I had to turn off in the end. DH powered through.

LoafEater Tue 10-Oct-17 07:16:24

It's like a dopey version of House of Cards for people who can't concentrate very hard. I love it! You can watch it while internet browsing and not miss a thing. Im always fascinated by FBI woman with tiny little body and huge head.

annandale Tue 10-Oct-17 07:35:10

The hair gets me. Not new I know. Natasha Thing up at 5 and working in bed having had 4 hours' sleep as a working mother but waist length mane is perfect, freshly blow dried and roots up to date. (Obviously face perfect too). And then when Kiefer fancies a bit of the other she is immediately up for it. Uh huh.

Firstaidnovice Tue 10-Oct-17 07:38:05

I like to think they have done a focus group, and phased out the really dreadful family a bit. Especially the teenage son. Not as bad as Homeland's Dana, but close.
I would like to know what has happened to Kimble Hoogstraten though?! And us Kimble an actual name?

busyboysmum Tue 10-Oct-17 07:40:30

It's so awful. Every cliche in the book. The script is dire. I managed 8 episodes and had to give up I'm afraid. I was just taking the piss out of it in my head whilst watching it so it was pointless.

MissBeehiving Tue 10-Oct-17 07:43:18

Love it as I don't have to concentrate hard on watching it after a day at work. Hannah Wells is like wonder woman but with better outfits.

brieandcrackers Tue 10-Oct-17 07:47:22

I love it!! Thought the first season was amazing, not hooked on the second yet but I have hope.

If I rewatch it I’m going to count the number of times the characters say “with respect” or “respectfully” - must be in the hundreds by now!

ShotsFired Tue 10-Oct-17 07:50:18

Its great, if only or the name "Kimble", which sounds like it's one of Barbie's friends or something.

The whole premise is ridiculous. Wasn't there a crappy 80s/90s film on the same idea?

MuddlingMackem Tue 10-Oct-17 16:12:51

Loved it. Binged on series 1. Haven't started on series 2 yet, I'm trying to stockpile a few episodes to binge on.

SenecaFalls Tue 10-Oct-17 16:17:44

I have to admit it's a guilty pleasure. President Kiefer does overdo the goodness just a trifle.

purplepandas Sun 15-Oct-17 07:03:55

Loved series one but just cannot get into series two. I want to!

LightastheBreeze Sun 15-Oct-17 20:15:13

Loved series one which I just finished and will now start series two. The Hannah Wells FBI woman was in Stalker which I also enjoyed

Akire Sun 15-Oct-17 20:20:22

Gave up series one after nothing new appeared for ages, now nearly half way through one. Annoys me he wears glasses all the time until he needs to be seriously presidently then he takes them off! You either can see without them or you can’t. Is there a law that you can’t be a president and wear glasses?
Agree the teenage son is annoying

LightastheBreeze Sun 15-Oct-17 20:24:53

Kiefer is quite intense in his president role but I think it is his acting style as he was in 24 also

NapQueen Fri 17-Nov-17 20:18:32

Just about halfway through season one episode one and felt compelled to come on here and see if there was a thread.

What a big ol pile of steaming shite.

wokingjames Sat 18-Nov-17 14:38:07

Up to episode 7 and loving it so far and it's a rare programme me and OH both enjoy.

wokingjames Sat 18-Nov-17 14:47:33

You need to give it more of a chance than 20 mins as is the case with most slow burners on Netflix etc

LightastheBreeze Sat 18-Nov-17 20:26:34

I’m enjoying it but it’s a bit of a pain being on the weekly episodes now in season 2

LightastheBreeze Sun 19-Nov-17 16:22:00

Blimming heck it’s not every week it’s every two weeks, I will forget what’s happened

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: