AnyFucker Thu 19-Jan-17 23:12:20

Anybody else like it ?

If you liked Breaking Bad, you will like this

AnyFucker Fri 20-Jan-17 18:43:53

Just me then smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 20-Jan-17 18:47:27

Haven't heard of it but will check it out, sounds interesting

SmokyMountains Fri 20-Jan-17 18:51:59

Vera Farmiga is just so wonderful in it, particularly when Norman starts going batshit and she is desperately trying to keep everything together, it is the best acting I've seen on telly in years.

AnyFucker Fri 20-Jan-17 18:54:11

Ah thank God

Yes, Vera Farmiga is excellent

AnyFucker Fri 20-Jan-17 18:56:08

At first I thought it was one of those daft teenage things, but it gets a grip of you

It's dark but also heartwarming (haven't finished it yet though)

Cleebope Sat 21-Jan-17 18:47:01

Loved season 1, liked season 2, stopped halfway through season 3....

youngestisapsycho Mon 23-Jan-17 14:31:22

I love it, seen them all... waiting for Season 4!

Decanter Mon 23-Jan-17 14:48:04

I tried it when it was new and couldn't get past the opening/early really violent scene of a woman being beaten (iirc). Should I have stuck with it? I thought it looked promising but didn't think that scene would end shock

Cleebope Mon 23-Jan-17 17:44:41

Yes that was a hard hitting scene but important for creating admiration for Norma and the protective bond between her and Norman. Those actors carry the show but I thought the plot wore thin later on. They are dragging it out too much and should bring it to a dramatic ending in my opinion.

Jackiebrambles Mon 23-Jan-17 17:49:18

Oh great! I wondered what this was like. Had avoided it as was worried it was shit!

tessiebear4 Mon 23-Jan-17 17:54:11

Haven't seen it - is it the back story to Psycho?

Cleebope Mon 23-Jan-17 19:33:40

Yes it is but set in modern day with a 50s/60s twist so not exactly the original setting but very close. It is interesting.

Polarbearsaredangerous Mon 23-Jan-17 19:49:57

Loved it! I've seen season 4 it's on kodi
Couldn't stop watching

NigellasGuest Mon 23-Jan-17 19:52:24

Thanks! I was wondering what to watch next. Just finished the OA which i enjoyed, and now on Prison Break which is enjoyable crap. Nothing comes close to Breaking Bad IMO - sounds like I might like Bates Motel? <note to self>

RustyPaperclip Mon 23-Jan-17 19:54:36

Me and DH love it! Vera Farmiga is amazing. I think we are a bit behind though, thank you for the reminder AF!

mrwalkensir Tue 24-Jan-17 14:21:40

Freddie Highmore is amazing too - think there was a bit of a slumpy phase with all the weed farming, but they didn't make the mistake of making too many series.

mrwalkensir Tue 24-Jan-17 14:21:41

Freddie Highmore is amazing too - think there was a bit of a slumpy phase with all the weed farming, but they didn't make the mistake of making too many series.

RustyPaperclip Tue 24-Jan-17 23:16:30

Yes, Freddie Highmore is really good, it chills me to the bone every time he says 'Mother'. I find the relationships between Norma and both sons very interesting and I think they have done well to link it into the Psycho film. I really like the fact that it is set in the modern day but has clear links back to 1950s/60s

I found the weed farming a tad tedious as well wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now