Talk

Advanced search

The House That £100k Built

(14 Posts)
wowfudge Tue 11-Aug-15 20:48:51

Is it just me or is this just a vehicle for all of Piers' design ideas?

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 11-Aug-15 20:53:08

I was thinking the same. They're normally bloody awful, Imo. This week's looks like someone's shed.

olbas Tue 11-Aug-15 20:54:36

That kitchen!

ijustwannadance Tue 11-Aug-15 20:57:29

It is just Piers forcing his ideas on people. 'Oooh you must have concrete and bare plywood'

IvyWall Tue 11-Aug-15 20:58:47

No to the multicolour kitchen and no to the concrete floor

QueenOfNothing Tue 11-Aug-15 21:02:43

I loved it! Apart from the green bench. I would have chosen a different colour.

My kitchen is already lots of colours. But I never thought of acrylic.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 11-Aug-15 21:04:37

we were watching this. thought it was awful, the wallpaper in the childrens bedrooms was a sight to behold

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 11-Aug-15 22:08:07

What's with the concrete everywhere?

I think Piers should stick to designing the building, not the interiorsmile.

dillite Thu 13-Aug-15 10:18:33

Pier's is an Architect (?). He can't not force his ideas onto people.

wowfudge Thu 13-Aug-15 23:10:58

It was the string bannisters that were particularly awful. Piers was really overselling the effect adding rope in a second colour had. It looked cheap and nasty though was probably more expensive than wooden bannisters. The acrylic was quite interesting.

squoosh Fri 14-Aug-15 17:28:43

I stumbled across this programme at the point where they were oohing and ahhing over the string bannister.

Looked bloody stupid I thought.

SwedishEdith Fri 14-Aug-15 17:34:08

Not sure if I've seen the one you're talking about but I love this programme! I love skinny Piers, I love the earnest, studious presenter. Love it.

catsrus Fri 14-Aug-15 17:34:14

I KNEW that building regs wouldn't let them do it the way he suggested. How to hang a toddler in one easy lesson shock. The plain acrylic on it's own would have been better.

WhereAreMyDragons Fri 14-Aug-15 17:36:32

Wrt the kids wallpaper, for a second I forgot the premise of the show and thought they must not have scraped the old leftover stuff from the previous owner grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now