Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Marvellous - Neil Baldwin

(17 Posts)
WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 26-Dec-14 00:09:04

Anyone watching? I stumbled on it while flicking channels, the true story of a man with learning difficulties making his way through an incredible life in
Stoke on Trent, really heartwarming.

KatOD Fri 26-Dec-14 00:18:44

I watched it when it was on a while ago and loved it! Was trying to remember the name of it this morning funnily enough. Enjoy!

Pancakeflipper Fri 26-Dec-14 00:20:55

I am going to cry in a moment...

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 26-Dec-14 00:31:15

Awww. My DS has AS and wants to be a clown when he grows up, loves football too, so do I. Can't believe I hadn't heard of him before. What a lovely way to end Christmas Day.

mellicauli Fri 26-Dec-14 00:33:38

Fantastic tv. Tears in my eyes still.

ilovesooty Fri 26-Dec-14 00:49:08

It was brilliant. Best programme I've seen for a long time.

diddl Fri 26-Dec-14 10:41:16

It was absolutely fantastic, wasn't it?

Having NB in it as well.

I think I read somewhere that he also visited Prince Edward!

UncrushedParsley Fri 26-Dec-14 10:44:17

I remember him from university days. A real character. Those were the days

diddl Fri 26-Dec-14 10:50:15

Oh and the interview with Lou Macari about the new Scottish player!
An "unknown quantity" and "not I the best of condition"!

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 26-Dec-14 12:06:21

I'm hoping it's on Iplayer so I can watch it again as I missed the first 15 minutes.

diddl Fri 26-Dec-14 12:30:17

Lou Macari signs a striker

TheOldestCat Sat 27-Dec-14 18:05:06

It was indeed marvellous! Loved it, and so did DH, who really warmed to Lou Macari (and I have never heard him say anything nice about a United legend).

Thought the way they did it was great too - with the real NB and the singing. Fab.

ThePortlyPinUp Sat 27-Dec-14 22:26:57

I watched it when it was on a couple of months ago and raved to my friends and family about it, I thought it was a brilliant programme and it made me very watery eyed. What a remarkable man Neil is.

CupboardHider Sun 28-Dec-14 20:45:59

I watched It a couple of months ago too and wished I'd have known it was on again as I'd have watched it again. Makes me miss uni days as I used to see/speak to Neil most days. He'd always come and support us when we were competing.

ArchangelGallic Sun 28-Dec-14 20:50:00

My mom raved about a couple of months ago so we made a point of watching and loved it. Always fun to spot places you know.

JohnFarleysRuskin Sun 28-Dec-14 20:50:10

It's wonderful- really great well made film of a lovely guy.

GeorginaWorsley Sun 28-Dec-14 23:08:16

Watched when it was on in September as DS at Keele and we don't live too far away either so is very relevant.
Loved it and must re watch on I player.
According to DS Neil d's till around on campus frequently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now