Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gotham

(26 Posts)
BingoBonkers Sat 18-Oct-14 16:10:14

Anyone watching?

Have watched ep1 and it's good. Couple of obvious bits but I can cope with that.

The guy playing Oswald/Penguin is perfectly cast. Absolutely perfect.

FruitCakey Sat 18-Oct-14 16:28:51

I watched it.

Really enjoyed it. As you said though, a few obvious bits. It absolutely has a lot of potential though. I am looking forward to the next ep.

I agree re the penguin comment. Couldn't have picked a better guy.

GilesGirl Sat 18-Oct-14 16:31:46

It's just okay, I think. It started out strong and now the best thing in it is Oswald. Jim and Brenda and all the rest are a bit boring.

olaflikeswarmhugs Sat 18-Oct-14 16:36:17

Watched it with dh . Love Oswald !!

Don't think Jim is particularly boring but I quite like Ben Mckenzie .

What obvious bits ? confused

GilesGirl Sat 18-Oct-14 16:37:58

All of the classic villains were there in the first bit.

Which one of the click bait sights said were Easter Eggs. But they weren't. They were smacks in the face for the viewers!!

BingoBonkers Sat 18-Oct-14 16:46:32

Obvious that Oswald/Penguin wouldn't get shot. Obvious that Barbara and the cop lady had been in a relationship.

Plus I can't get over Barbara being called Barbara! The name just doesn't sit right for me and the character. I kept looking at DH exclaiming "Barbara? Barbara? BARBARA!!!?"

GilesGirl Sat 18-Oct-14 16:47:48

That's right. Barbara. I have no idea who Brenda is.

<hands in Batman Fan Club badge>

grin

BingoBonkers Sat 18-Oct-14 16:49:56

Brenda? blush gringringringringrin

olaflikeswarmhugs Sat 18-Oct-14 16:53:09

Oh right those things haha I thought they were supposed to be obvious blush

I don't really know much about batman I prefer marvel to dc so I will be watching it with fresh eyes looking forward to it smile

Thurlow Mon 20-Oct-14 12:12:56

I liked it. I like the noir look, and I also like looking at Ben McKenzie an awful lot wink Surprised how much I liked Jada Pinkett Smith too.

I read some criticism online though that I thought rang true after watching the first episode. If they keep bringing in all the Batman characters - Penguin, Catwoman etc - then it makes it feel like a Batman show, when actually it might be better just trying to be a dark, comic book noir police procedural.

BingoBonkers Mon 20-Oct-14 18:07:09

Ahhhhh so that's who is playing Fishi couldn't place her.

askyfullofstars Tue 21-Oct-14 12:43:18

I am really enjoying this at the mo. I think the penguin character has been perfectly cast.
I did think the first episode was laying it on a bit thick with all the batman references in teh first half an hour, but it got better, and there were some points I really liked in the second, but not sure about if I can post them just in case people haven't watched yet...............

Thurlow Tue 21-Oct-14 13:08:25

Haven't caught up with the second yet but one of the papers this morning was raving about it.

Did anyone here catch Southland?

AnyoneForTardis Tue 21-Oct-14 17:02:51

haven't watched it but isn't Sean Pertwee in it?

He looks SOOOOOO much like his father! tardis

BingoBonkers Thu 23-Oct-14 22:51:00

What's Southland?

Thurlow Fri 24-Oct-14 11:24:46

It's an LA cop show that started about 2009 with Ben MacKenzie. It's amazing. Am just powering through it now - it's very Hill Street Blues/NYPD Blue.

(In no way am I watching it obsessively because it currently has MacKenzie, in uniform, partnered with the equally delicious Shawn Hatosy, also in uniform blush Oh no, it's all about the plots...)

BingoBonkers Sat 25-Oct-14 13:25:41

I also enjoy a good perve cop show. When/where is it on?

PseudoBadger Sat 25-Oct-14 13:30:31

I'm watching it, I do love Ben McKenzie although I might have to tape his mumbling mouth shut

Thurlow Sat 25-Oct-14 17:26:46

Ah, its only on DVD but it's quite cheap. Ignoring the perving it's amazing. But the perving is also very good.

Thurlow Sat 25-Oct-14 17:28:10

I'm veeeery shallow so this does it for me

iklboo Sat 25-Oct-14 17:30:38

Sean Pertwee is so like his father he gives me shivers!

Barbara Gordon is - in Batlore - Jim Gordon's daughter (unless how wife was ALSO called that). She went on to be Batgirl and then The Oracle.

IrnBruTheNoo Sat 25-Oct-14 20:33:06

Not my usual type of drama to watch, but glad I started watching it. Will Smith's wife is brilliant in it.

BingoBonkers Wed 29-Oct-14 15:19:36

She almost steals the show for me. The guy playing Falcone? The DI from Dexter? I can't take him seriously as a bad ass criminal.

Thurlow Wed 29-Oct-14 15:39:08

Falcone was also in The Wire

VenusStarr Wed 29-Oct-14 17:46:02

I'm enjoying this but what is up with Sean Pertwee - his acting is terrible!! I can't take him seriously at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now