Talk

Advanced search

Ja'mie Private School Girl

(12 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Sun 23-Feb-14 21:01:38

Anyone? I'm watching it now and I can't stop laughing. I've missed Kath n Kim so much. It's helping to fill a hole.

EirikurNoromaour Sun 23-Feb-14 21:57:02

I watched a bit, it was meh. One joke stretched across far too much tv.

Pixel Mon 24-Feb-14 00:32:34

I'm enjoying it, she is a monster isn't she!

Innogen Mon 24-Feb-14 00:33:32

I can't watch it. I went to university with far too many people who were similar. I find it painful viewing.

crypes Mon 24-Feb-14 00:45:04

I think he's really clever acting out the schoolgirl, he's got everything perfect , the hair flicking, dancing, niavety and petulance, and the constant talking ignorant rubbish. I think Chris Lilley is indulging himself somewhat with the character but there are a few laugh out loud moments.

poppins30 Mon 24-Feb-14 00:51:16

I love it. Summer Heights High was amazing too smile

Chris wasn't in Kath & Kim was he?

Jellypudmum Mon 24-Feb-14 00:53:26

Missed this. What channel please?

Pixel Mon 24-Feb-14 00:54:04

It's the little touches I like. For example Ja'ime's dad saying how compassionate she is for offering a home to Kwami (was that his name?), but then you realise she's given away her sister's room, not her own and no one bats an eyelid! And then later on she's got kwami serving the drinks at her party.

Forago Mon 24-Feb-14 08:38:06

Not as good as summer high - the one character over a whole series is wearing a bit thin. Amazing portrayal of a spoilt brat though - wonder how he studied it!

Seminyak Mon 24-Feb-14 08:56:21

I love it!!! It makes me want to go back to school (although I was nothing like Ja'ime, of course smile just love the environment)

Lottiedoubtie Mon 24-Feb-14 08:59:00

I like it as well, laugh out loud funny in places.

The arguments with the boarders are very well observed.

I do prefer summer heights high though, multi character was a better show.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 24-Feb-14 11:06:33

Where was it filmed? Fabulous houses!! I think he's brilliant. Fabulous legs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now