Talk

Advanced search

Great British Menu

(12 Posts)
LIZS Wed 31-May-06 18:44:48

Am I alone in thinking it a bit odd that the public has to vote for each course in isolation rather than select a whole menu, as they would in a restaurant.

LIZS Wed 31-May-06 20:01:06

Seem to be well and truely alone lol !

liath Wed 31-May-06 20:03:47

They could potentially end up with a slightly odd menu, couldn't they.

I am enjoying it, though - some chefs so entertainingly arrogant!! The food looks fab.

mancmum Wed 31-May-06 20:04:19

I am with you -- and how can they say there will be 4 chefs cooking -- if Richard Corrigan is already in 2 vote offs, he could win them both?

However, have loved watching it -- I was really tempted to give some of the recipes a go until I saw how much work there was in them!!

Atul Kutchers menu has been best for me by far -- eally want to go to his place!

LIZS Wed 31-May-06 20:33:10

Agree some fo the food looks very tasty - lamb or venison , mmmm! Very restricted voting , just one hour after each programme online ro by phone, so wonder if it will really reflect a public choice ,especially if as you say they are only supposed to have one course each.

eenywifemum Thu 01-Jun-06 12:17:37

Atul is my fav as well and I am dying to eat at his restaurant. I hate gary rhodes so am so happy he did not get through but I do worry about the menu!

Bomper Thu 01-Jun-06 20:24:34

I thought all the puds looked yuk today, apart from the syrup sponge and custard. Could happily eat that every day!!!

RTKangaMummy Thu 01-Jun-06 20:39:48

I voted online loads of times for michael from South West

mancmum Fri 02-Jun-06 20:30:56

well wasn't the outcome dull dull dull.. smoked salmon and bread, fish/cockles/otail (urh) venison and then worst thing ever custard tart -- yuck -- after some of the divine things made... you end up with custard tart -- I would leave the meal if I was Liz!!

Salamander Mon 05-Jun-06 12:26:44

This show was a bit of a letdown on all fronts.

COME BACK MASTERCHEF!!!!!!!

My wife and I called this show 'Fake Masterchef' and did try and watch it every day but a lot of stuff was just silly, repetative and annoying.

Liked Atul though - seemed like a nice guy and a great chef!

Should have gone through!

Salamander

Salamander Mon 05-Jun-06 12:27:36

I think i've heard there is a Celebrity Masterchef coming on?!?!

Anyone know any more?

zippitippitoes Mon 05-Jun-06 12:28:32

I'm glad I'm not having the final meal..thoroughly diappointing programme and I agree it was repetitive

Quite consoling to see how bad they were at times

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: