Talk

Advanced search

64 Zoo Lane-are anus' really necessary?

(12 Posts)
Reluctant2ndtimer Thu 14-Jul-11 18:28:01

Considering they are not particularly realistic cartoon animals, do they really need to have their bum holes on show as they scamper about, or am I just repressed?

CroissantNeuf Thu 14-Jul-11 18:32:09

lol at the fact that I've never noticed that despite DS having been the typical poo/bums obsessed when he was of the age that watched it.

In fact he used to sing "64, 64 Poo Lane" grin

pinkthechaffinch Fri 15-Jul-11 22:03:13

lol I've never noticed this, but thanks for this thread, I'm sure I won't be able to help noticing now hmm

GothAnneGeddes Sun 17-Jul-11 11:15:53

I've never noticed either! I think the European creators would call us repressed Brits.

"64 Poo Lane" grin

Georgimama Sun 17-Jul-11 11:17:41

repressed. We don't want to raise the next generation of people to think women wee out of their vaginas, do we? apparently it is a common misconception.

GothAnneGeddes Sun 17-Jul-11 11:27:09

Good point, Georgimama. Many people are shockingly ignorant about how their body works.

peeriebear Sun 17-Jul-11 11:32:57

I think if they didn't have them children would ask why, then you'd have to think of an explanation. Really this bothers you? I hope you are kidding smile Even Mog has a bumhole. Even YOU do.

PirateDinosaur Sun 17-Jul-11 11:35:06

If they didn't have anuses then they would all just gradually expand with poo until, in a few episodes' time, they exploded in a literal shitstorm. And you really don't want to see that in a cartoon series.

RMutt Sun 17-Jul-11 11:39:03

Well if it's realism you want how come Georgina is out half the night with a load of talking animals who most likely aren't even CRB'd? And health and saftey'd be appalled at her method of exiting the bedroom via that giraffe's neck.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sun 17-Jul-11 11:41:57

And animal cruelty too, it's a pretty shitty zoo if it's only the size of a three story terrace

Panzee Sun 17-Jul-11 11:45:01

I love that all the animals are peering over a garden fence. I want them to break out one night.

Reluctant2ndtimer Fri 22-Jul-11 22:56:43

Well if they have to have anuses in the name of realism, why stop there? Do you people expect all your cartoon characters to have cock n balls too, cause I didn't see any of those.
And no, it doesn't really bother me, what a strange surmise. I just thought it odd, that's all. I do not have a bum hole. I am like an old fashioned doll with built in knickers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now