Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Falling skies

(12 Posts)
Jcee Tue 05-Jul-11 19:21:44

Anyone planning to watch this tonight on FX?

Thought it looked worth a punt - I'm a sucker for alien invasion things and am a bit stuck for tv now fringe, V etc have finished. Spielberg is the executive producer and it has Carter out of ER in it <shallow>

Brevity Tue 05-Jul-11 19:37:09

Have it on my sky planner, trailers look good. Need something to fill the gap until Walking Dead returns.

Was a bit disappointed by the last Spielberg tv thing 'Taken', but giving this a go smile

I love a bit of sci-fi, on series 4 of Battlestar Galactica and loving it!

mankyscotslass Tue 05-Jul-11 19:39:23

I've got it on Sky Planner too. Will give it a go.

Piggychunk Thu 07-Jul-11 17:52:37

Mine is still on sky+ , was it any good?

parkingpermit Thu 07-Jul-11 17:54:31

ooh never heard of it when it's on?

Jcee Fri 08-Jul-11 09:53:24

Typically after planning a nice quiet evening in front of the Tv, DD was playing up and wouldn't settle all evening so mine is still on sky+

My mum watched it and said it was slow but good so will be catching up this weekend.

parking - the first episode is repeated on sunday on FX at 9pm then tuesdays at 9

Scousenet Fri 08-Jul-11 15:57:37

DH thought it was a bit slow but I enjoyed it - aliens were a bit cyloney.

Also showed an advert for series 2 of the Walking Dead so that lifted my spirits.

limitedperiodonly Mon 11-Jul-11 11:42:42

God, it's crap.

Horribly sentimental, crashing music and rubbish special effects.

Lowlight was the adults smiling tearfully as the kids had a go at skateboarding.

And how have the aliens managed to conquer the world when they don't notice 300 Earthlings trudging down a road flanked by people on noisy scramble bikes?

BreakingDad77 Thu 11-Jun-15 10:13:00

Have been catching up on virgin and really got into it, are up to season 4 now ready for 5 starting this month. Any other fans?

susiella Thu 11-Jun-15 17:13:41

I really got into this when we had Sky. Up to end of S3 I think. I miss it.

AddictedtoGreys Tue 16-Jun-15 07:44:07

I am about half we way through series 1! I love all the post apocalyptic stuff, love walking dead!

TheFirstOfHerName Thu 18-Jun-15 00:05:32

I watched seasons 1 and 2. Started well, then got a bit samey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now