Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me, or is Billie Piper really f-ing annoying?

(73 Posts)
MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 15:59:59

I wouldn't even bother trying to put up with her dreadful over-acting by actually attempting to watch an entire actual episode, but we are continually bombarded with her uttering breathy cliches during the ads on ITV2!

Is it just me?

anonacfr Tue 08-Mar-11 16:01:29

I've never understood the point of her in anything. She seems a nice girl but she as an actress she's very average in looks and talent IMO. I gather she was a fan favourite in Dr Who though? I can't comment as I never watched it.

MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 16:08:23

Most blokes I know say they "would" and I knew a lesbian who was obsessed with her. I can't see it personally. I think she looks like a horse.

BulletWithAName Tue 08-Mar-11 16:49:12

She really does look like a horse!

littlepigshavebigears Tue 08-Mar-11 16:50:49

I can't bear her

why can't she ever FINISH a word

and why is she supposed to be attractive? Is it the wispy, heat-murdered hair? Or the three-dick gob?

MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 17:31:18

The teeth would properly get in the way though...

5inthebed Tue 08-Mar-11 17:32:28

I can't stand her. She is the ugly(er) version of SJP.

MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 17:34:14

And I always get the impression she is trying to be/talk posher than she actually is...

AtYourCervix Tue 08-Mar-11 17:34:51

hell yes. where did the swindon accent go?

MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 17:39:45

She's like a proper Sylvia Young stage school brat though isn't she, so probably had lots of elocution lessons...

hifi Tue 08-Mar-11 19:01:51

shes really affected, i couldnt believe her posh accent last time she was interviewed.

ScarlettWalking Tue 08-Mar-11 19:29:09

She looks so drawn and haggard - and not to mention that dreadful show! It must have got into her psyche as she really looks like she has up all night shagging men.

She also miraculously emerged from acting school in California post Evans marriage sounding like princess Anne hmm

muminthesun Tue 08-Mar-11 20:06:17

I watched diary of a call girl(?) for the first time the other night,the acting was soooo bad!

I've seen it advertised before and thought it wouldnt be too bad,I had to switch it off.

piratecat Tue 08-Mar-11 20:14:18

snort @ 3 dick gob !!!!!

littlepigshavebigears Tue 08-Mar-11 20:16:56

To be fair, she looks perfectly normal in this pic

PigeonPair Tue 08-Mar-11 20:23:53

I can't stand the way she talks in Secret Diary. She is trying so hard to put on a sexy, breathy voice that you can barely hear what she is saying. AND the way she says her "s's" like "sh's" IYSWIM.

womma Tue 08-Mar-11 20:29:45

No it's not just you, she's a twerp of the highest order.

She's been an incredibly lucky girl though, marrying the ginger bloke who's rich and divorcing very well from him and then marrying that gorgeous Fox chap. Not ruddy fair.

MsScarlett Tue 08-Mar-11 22:03:36

Yes Pigeon, she clearly thinks she is "Ssssho shexy!"

And littlepigs, yes she looks fairly normal, but still has a 2 dick gob and teeth that look like the comedy doggy dentures on that advert.

loftyclodflop Tue 08-Mar-11 22:52:12

Apparently she didn't take a penny from Evans when they divorced.

She called her son Winston confused

Hammy02 Wed 09-Mar-11 12:04:16

The only redeeming feature of her is that she didn't leech any money out of Chris Evans when they divorced. Unlike the Heather Mills, John Cleese's ex types of this world.

pawsnclaws Wed 09-Mar-11 12:33:59

Wow, you lot really don't like her then?!

I've never seen this Secret Diary thing, I have to admit it looks like complete trash, but as for her personally whenever I've seen her on chat shows and the like she seems perfectly OK. And I've not yet heard her coming out with any ridiculous pronouncements as to what a great parent she is either, unlike many of the current crop of celeb mums, so she's fine in my book.

ScarlettWalking Wed 09-Mar-11 13:59:54

She has been told to play down her Mummy role in the media clashes a bit with her current filthy hooker image..

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 09-Mar-11 14:03:39

Awwwwww, she's ok! Haven't watched the call girl thingy - can't be arsed, looks ridiculous - but loved her in Dr Who. There was real chemistry between her and DT, honestly!

EmmaBemma Wed 09-Mar-11 18:13:26

No opinion one way or the other on Piper, but "two dick gob" sounds like the sort of thing a knuckle-dragging Page 3 reader would leer.

freyamalaya Thu 10-Mar-11 15:48:05

I want to like her but she is soooo affected and likes herself enough for all of us methinks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now