loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this typical teenage girl behaviour?

(46 Posts)
trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 20:45:07

Message withdrawn

charleepeters Wed 22-Jun-05 20:46:39

yes it is completely normal teenage behavior sorry!

trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 20:47:46

Message withdrawn

trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 20:48:21

Message withdrawn

paolosgirl Wed 22-Jun-05 20:48:31

Yes, it sounds like typical teenage girl behaviour to me! Only thing was my mum made me work for my money, so I had a paper round 6 mornings a week from the age of 13, followed by a succession of other jobs to pay for what I wanted. I wonder about parents who complain about their kids lifestyles - if ya don't like it, don't fund it!

kama Wed 22-Jun-05 20:49:37

Message withdrawn

trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 20:52:43

Message withdrawn

motherinferior Wed 22-Jun-05 21:02:27

I think it's one thing to be in a permanent strop, another to bully your parents. I very much hope I'll stand up to the teenaged Inferiorettes (a prospect which already makes me quail) slightly better.

ScrewballMuppet Wed 22-Jun-05 21:05:10

I would say thats normal teenage girl behaviour....bratish yes...out of order completely.
If I was her mum I would of been tempted to of pull daughter in pool.

tabitha Wed 22-Jun-05 21:12:36

Would agree and say that it sounds pretty typical, ie pushing mum as far you can go but mum doesn't have to take it.
As for not doing them any mischief, well it's come close sometimes and I did once pour a pint of water over dd1 when I was particularly annoyed with her.
To be fair to the mum in question she maybe gave her dd a good bollocking when she got her home - hope so.

trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 21:16:25

Message withdrawn

tabitha Wed 22-Jun-05 21:24:02

To be fair they're not always like this. Sometimes they can be almost human and I've been assured they'll grow out of someday.

strugstu Wed 22-Jun-05 21:40:58

they're not all like this , at least not all the time.

my kids have had to have jobs if they wanted to fund anything special- and they have grown up with a healthy respect for money(so far !!)

equally they would do jobs for me to earn money- but i learnt very quickly a few jobs first (nothing drastic ie.dust and vaccum lounge) money after.

dp's kids are totally opposite- they have had everything given to them (with the best intentions) and now dp is single,(and kids live with him ) they are always nagging him for money, and foolishly he tries to give it to them. his daughter went on school trip last week - before she went she had fake nails and spray tan done... and he wonders why i couldnt live with him .

lemonice Wed 22-Jun-05 21:45:57

in their dreams

Janh Wed 22-Jun-05 22:38:46

No, they don't have to be like that at all - my DDs (23 and 20 now) both had friends who treated their mothers that way, but the mothers let them, and my DDs were often shocked at how rude their friends were.

If you raise your DDs with respect for them, but demand/expect similar respect from them for you, then it won't happen. Trust me.

WideWebWitch Wed 22-Jun-05 22:41:23

Thank god for a message of hope from Janh. I'd have to kill myself now otherwise.

motherinferior Wed 22-Jun-05 22:42:23

Yes, I was considering tottering down to Catford station and finding a soothing train to throw myself under too.

Caligula Wed 22-Jun-05 22:44:58

Thank you thank you thank you JanH

lou33 Wed 22-Jun-05 22:45:00

dd1 has her moments,at aged 13, but no way would i let her start treating me like that. She can try, but would suffer the consequences of being publically and loudly humiliated in front of the world and his wife

trefusis Wed 22-Jun-05 22:48:20

Message withdrawn

lou33 Wed 22-Jun-05 22:51:27

that's my theory too

Caligula Wed 22-Jun-05 22:57:26

Ooh yes, I'm planning to be the most embarrassing mother. "If you don't do this, I will chat to your friend about what GCSE's she wants to do when she comes round. I will then move on to the topic of what films she likes. And then (piece de resistance) will ask her what bands she's into."

Is this threatening enough, or too mild?

hunkersnafumunker Wed 22-Jun-05 22:58:45

Far too mild. You need to show her your varicose veins and suggest she starts wearing support tights right away.

WideWebWitch Wed 22-Jun-05 22:59:49

Too mild, that book I'm reading says you need to threaten to go outside in your underwear and talk to their friends about SEX.

tamum Wed 22-Jun-05 22:59:53

You could demonstrate some of your coolest dance moves, maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now