Talk

Advanced search

Shavers for teenagers

(3 Posts)
primarymum Sun 12-Jul-09 09:57:50

My youngest son needs to shave! There are very definite signs of a beard and a moustache appearing ( he's only 14!) and I have NO IDEA what to buy. My only experience is of leg waxes and I don't think that would be a practical option
Any advice on a good first shaver please!

Drayford Mon 13-Jul-09 00:08:52

I went through this with DS a year ago. I found it best to involve him and went with him to Boots. The shop assistants were vv helpful and didn't embarrass him at all. We ended up with a rechargable electric razor which he was v happy with. However, this summer holidays DS is in a competition to grow a beard with several mates ... tragic, but I'm being a good mummy and keeping my mouth shut hmm I am so not old enough to have a son with a beard!!!

Mumwhensdinnerready Wed 15-Jul-09 17:43:12

My DS1 aged 13 decided he needed to shave off the fluff he was growing. I was all for going to Boots and buying him a shaver but DH said "just use mine". To my surprise DS was happy with that and now shaves every couple of weeks.
Not sure I think sharing a shaver is too hygenic though. Prob get him one for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now