Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can putting my dd (15)on the pill help with mood swings?

(5 Posts)
evaangel2 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:43:47

Can this help her?
any advice?
thanks

nightshade Wed 08-Jul-09 19:46:14

personally speaking and not medically, i don't think so.

i would be extremely wary of the potential long term health consequences for using it at such a young age, but then again, i am generally not a fan of the pill anyway.

hoochymama Wed 08-Jul-09 19:46:17

personally the pill gave me REALLY bad mood swings (a lot like the mood swings in pregnancy), is this something your GP has suggested? Do they have anything sensible to say about her mood swings?

hope that you find something to help your dd.

evaangel2 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:52:08

yes, the pill has been suggested to level her hormones, she has been extremely aggresive and violent for about 2 years now.
She has had anger management etc, that has not worked

annemarier Wed 22-Jul-09 14:46:42

hi ....cant believe some one else has a 15 yr old with issues of behaviour ad violence. My daughter changed a few months before she got her periods ...from a genle sweet girl to a crazy loud uncontrolled teen ! She swears in my face and yells obcenities and breaks and throws things ...even turned the electricity off and lockedus in the house ...took keys and took off.She steals money ad takes stuff from my room and is realy disrespectful.She has been under a psychologist for a year ..but doesnt always tell it how it really is. they recon she needs more fredom and to trust her ..so she can stay away anytime if she lets me know she's ok ! even just a text? she isnt 15 for 2 mths ,has taken off missed school stayed away ..and no contacted me ......does this sound familiar >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now