Talk

Advanced search

Naughty rabbit!

(6 Posts)
boopsy Tue 11-Apr-17 08:29:15

My lovely little lop rabbit has started humping my arm and following me around literally all the time. Only me. No other family member!! I know he probs needs neutered but for various reasons cant get him done till summer holidays. Any tips on discouraging this? He also nips sometimes when doing this, no aggression think its affection but it hurts!. Have a female rabbit in the garden (pet obvs) who he sees through a run and we are going to bond them when both neutered so is this making him more frustrated? I dont want them top stop seeing each other as they lie together and groom through the run mesh so im hoping the bond will be easier. Female is a sod that wont let anyone near her but he is lovely and used to be sooo cuddly before this!

FernieB Tue 11-Apr-17 09:16:15

Nipping is a normal part of social grooming behaviour, so is really affectionate and friendly in the rabbits opinion. Humping can also be dominance behaviour - males and females will hump. Neutering will probably sort it. I'd get him done asap so you can try to bond them sooner.

Sewingbeatshousework Tue 11-Apr-17 09:39:39

Agree with PP it's just natural behaviour that I can't see stopping until he's fixed, his hormones will be in overdrive. I have a male & female pair and they do both nip me occasionally (the doe does it because she's highly strung but the buck it seems more or an attention thing).

If you can't get him done for a few more months I'd still let her see each other as seems as if bonding is underway and if you separate them now it could really set them back. Best of luck 😊🐰

boopsy Tue 11-Apr-17 15:41:53

Thank you! Im hoping the bond will go smoothly, have been also swapping their bedding around to get used to each others smell. Want to get them in together so guineas can go in the shed instead of the house (well thats if one of them isnt preg but thats a different story lol) x

EastMidsGPs Thu 13-Apr-17 12:56:41

Sadie and Mollie love a trip to the vets hmm
Lots of cuddles from the nurses and the opportunity to moan long and loud about how badly I treat them and how I starve them of foodgrin

EastMidsGPs Thu 13-Apr-17 12:57:31

Sorry wrong thread. Should have been on thin gp thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now