Talk

Advanced search

Help! Hamster care!

(10 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 18-Aug-16 19:41:45

Have been trusted with my neices beloved hamster for a week. Noticed today his bum is like this, is it anything to worry about or will he clean it himself? I'll be mortified if he gets sick or dies while he's here, neice will be heartbroken and never forgive me (she's 6!)

bakingcupcakes Thu 18-Aug-16 19:46:13

I think you should take him to a vet. I kept hamsters for years and if it's staying wet and he's not obviously sat in leaking water or anything you should take him.

Ginmakesitallok Thu 18-Aug-16 19:49:52

Vet - it could be wet tail which can be very serious very quickly (assuming as baking says that he hasn't just gotten wet)

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 18-Aug-16 19:51:49

Really? Damnit. Not sure if you can tell but the stain is above his tail, like he's sat in poo and it smooshed into his fur. You still think vet?

Ginmakesitallok Thu 18-Aug-16 20:04:24

Hamster poo isn't smooshy though? How's under his tail?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 18-Aug-16 20:16:33

Under his tail looks ok, it's just that bit above his tail.

justdontevenfuckingstart Thu 18-Aug-16 20:19:23

Look at the hamster hideout forum if they're still there. Answers to everything.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 19-Aug-16 07:44:13

Good news! His bum looks absolutely fine this morning, dry, no sign of smooshed in poo. He's chirpy and eagerly tucking into his breakfast (or supper, as he'll be off to bed soon no doubt grin )

bakingcupcakes Fri 19-Aug-16 16:07:48

I'm glad! You'll be keeping your popularity as an aunty then! I came back to see if you'd updated.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sun 21-Aug-16 20:18:18

Here is the little shit cutie, he decided it would be a great idea to move all his bedding into his tunnel and live in there confused my sister said he does that a lot grin I just had him out in his ball, he was happily rolling around and I went to fetch him and just as I got to him he popped the door of his ball off shock good job I was there. If he'd escaped the dogs could've found him shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now