Talk

Advanced search

Acrylic nails - why did nobody warn me!!!

(8 Posts)
006 Thu 28-Jul-05 18:06:42

aaargh! I had false acrylic nails put on for wedding. They looked great and lasted well, but I don't have the time (or budget) for regular infills. I tried to DIY with a kit - and I look as if I have dipped my fingers in polyfiller. Now I cannot get the damn things off!!!

I smell of acetone and I have only managed to get one off.

All this because I broke one nail and wanted them to all match!

Any ideas for getting them off?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

BareFootAngel Thu 28-Jul-05 18:20:03

how long have you had them on for? nail varnidh remover...soak a cotton wool pad hold over nail for a while should come off.

BareFootAngel Thu 28-Jul-05 18:20:22

varnish

CountessDracula Thu 28-Jul-05 18:21:05

Did anyone warn you that your nails underneath will be vile? Thought I should....

MrsGordonRamsay Thu 28-Jul-05 18:29:50

Actually, make that viler than vile I am afraid.

006 Thu 28-Jul-05 18:35:42

Got another nail off - 2 down, 8 to go!

Only had them on for 3 weeks. Revealed nails look OK. I am sitting with fingers in bowl of acetone and the buggers will not shift. I think it is more likely my finger swill come off!!!!!!!!!

anchovies Thu 28-Jul-05 18:37:45

Be careful removing them or your nails will be trashed for ages. You need to soak them in a bowl of warm acetone (heat a bowl of acetone over another bowl of hot water) for ages, it can take up to an hour. Don't get tempted to yank them off, wait til they are really soft.

006 Thu 28-Jul-05 18:42:10

Ooh that sounds good - I had not thought of warming the acetone. Not in the microwave I suppose. I think I may be Mrs Instant Gratification.

That is really why I have to get rid of them - I could get addicted - Footballers Wives style.

I did ask for a 'nail allowance'. Can you guess what DH said?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now