Talk

Advanced search

It's FFFFreezing.....

(11 Posts)
bigTillyMint Tue 10-Nov-09 11:31:06

..... where's the best place to get thermal underwear grin

VerityBrulee Tue 10-Nov-09 11:54:39

I got M&S long sleeve thermal vests at the weekend, I'm toasty warm but the neckline is quite high, so I am going to take a scissors to the shoulder seam and adjust slightly so it can't be seen!

Can't fault the thermal properties smile

traceybath Tue 10-Nov-09 11:56:13

Pricey but pretty

bigTillyMint Tue 10-Nov-09 13:21:22

Yes, those are pretty tb. But the nicer M&S ones are dearer too.

I got a heattech polo from uniqlo which is OK but not as warm as I had hoped.

Anywhere else recommended?

tulpe Tue 10-Nov-09 13:36:06

TK Maxx.

I buy my ski layers from there - merino wool, very light weight. short or long-sleeved. I wear them layered under dresses, tunics etc instead of regular long sleeve tee.

Rubyrubyruby Tue 10-Nov-09 13:40:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tulpe Tue 10-Nov-09 13:42:44

Ruby - when you're finished with your rooms, you don't want to come over and strip my bedroom walls for me, do you?

AngelinaJolly Tue 10-Nov-09 13:46:01

I got some fine knitted silk thermals from John Lewis last year. Comfy and warm although not exactly style winners.

Rubyrubyruby Tue 10-Nov-09 14:30:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigTillyMint Tue 10-Nov-09 15:10:01

Ooh I could just do with a sauna, Rubygrin

tulpe Wed 11-Nov-09 14:37:15

Ruby - I hear your pain. Our last house was a fab example of Victorian architecture - almost a full compliment of original features. And some tosspot had seen fit to paper the lot in glorious woodchip angry. Took me weeks and weeks to clear every wall.

I rather stupidly agreed to one wall of our current house being papered......decorator convinced me that feature wall was the way to go as I couldn't decide on over-all colour......I have spent the last 3 years thinking about pulling the steamer out of retirement and taking the sodding stuff off. As I now have patches of sample paints all over the wall, I think DH may go a bit mental if I don't stop wasting time on here and actually get on it with!!

And BigMillyTant - have we resolved the warm layers issue for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now