Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a nice, simple wrap dress?

(22 Posts)
costagirl Wed 30-Sep-09 16:55:14

Because Gok says they're flattering for big boobs and bums, but I can't find many. Just want simple, jersey type for work - nothing too psychedelic or pricey!

PVish Wed 30-Sep-09 16:56:01

i disagree

GrapefruitMoon Wed 30-Sep-09 16:56:33

There were some plain coloured ones in the Gap Outlet near me last week for around £20 I think. H&M often has them too

LauraIngallsWilder Wed 30-Sep-09 17:04:35

I saw some plain black dresses in the new lands end catalogue that look nice for work (jersey I think)#
I dont recall the cost or whether they would suit bigboobsandbums though

Certainly wouldnt suit my tummy envy

seeyounexttues Wed 30-Sep-09 17:14:39

phase eight have a sale on at the moment, they do good wrap dresses. I have one from a couple of years ago which has thick fabric

hugmeandcatchthelurgi Wed 30-Sep-09 17:20:50

I have a lovely plain black one from Gap.

PVish Wed 30-Sep-09 17:24:46

agree phase 8 are good
theirs are the only ones that haveever suited me

I also got a lovely black Gap one from Gap Outlet, but the material is quite thin, fine for me living in the tropics but a bit chilly for UK imho. smile

noddyholder Wed 30-Sep-09 17:32:14

They look matronly on big boobs Gok Wan is as naff as they come don't listen to him with all his ironic 'bangers'and double entendres!

Rubyrubyruby Wed 30-Sep-09 17:34:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PVish Wed 30-Sep-09 17:59:27

I find they make your boobs look enormous in a bad way
and cling to any spare tyre on hips or just above arse

You are probably both right, not too good for the well endowed, I have bugger all up top and wear a lot of wrap dresses, in the hope of somehow pretending to have a cleavage.

noddyholder Wed 30-Sep-09 18:06:20

They look really elegant on flat chest I am v jealous.

Mousey84 Wed 30-Sep-09 18:06:55

Bravissimo do wrap style (fake wrap) ones quite often. They are rather pricey (£35-50) but I have heard great reviews.

CybilLiberty Wed 30-Sep-09 18:07:35

I ahve a top shop one from yonks ago, I do love it, best one I've had. if you tie at front and let it hang it covers more lumpy bits I find

naomi83 Wed 30-Sep-09 18:14:36

flipping love this and www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts/bravissimo/bq12-details.aspx

ADifferentMe Wed 30-Sep-09 18:17:25

I've got one from White Stuff and another from Boden - both fixed wrap so I don't accidentally (or deliberately wink) flash anyone.

I'm big boobed, small waisted and I think Gok's right - would post a photo but someone might tell me I've been kidding myself!

Mousey84 Wed 30-Sep-09 19:05:23

oooh, i second naomis 2nd link. my fav colour which may or may not have swayed me ;)

bebesequin Wed 30-Sep-09 20:28:43

I have a few wrap dresses Boden Linea Monsoon etc but bought a fixed wrap in [BLUSH]Tesco last week for £16 just for work- great fit probaly a lot better than my pricier good ones.it is black with a print in damson and berry shades they also had various other ones black and white and a plum colour might be worth trying on before investing in more expensive one dunno about everyone else but I usually wear a camisole or vest underneath a I m a bit busty and sometimes the v neckline can be too much for daytime.

costagirl Wed 30-Sep-09 20:53:25

Thanks, girls, lots of good advice. Will try Tesco first (cheapskate!) Yes I know Gok is a bit lame but I wnat to try a wrap dress - my legs are the only decent bit of me and I get fed up with trousers!

Jagsy Thu 01-Oct-09 09:12:31

Sometimes M&S have good ones too, I have a black and white one from 2 yrs ago, fixed wrap,and the material is thick so holds my tummy in a bit!

toddlerama Thu 01-Oct-09 09:27:21

Agree that if you are quite booby a cami or vest top underneath is needed for the office or daytime. I am prone to nipple slips in wrap dresses. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now