Talk

Advanced search

OMG I'm a witness at my friends wedding in 2 weeks and my boobs are out of control!!! HELP

(9 Posts)
mumski Tue 29-Sep-09 18:05:51

Just got over a full hysterectomy and on mega doses of HRT. So ... of course I've sorted everyone else's outfits on on a nil budget. This morning came to try on my good ol wedding dress and my boobs have grown so much with the HRT it won't go round me. shock
What can I do girls? have very little money to spend, but so chuffed my friend has asked me to do a reading and be a witness, I want to look good for her. But the boobs are an issue as it now makes me a size 18 and I still have a jelly belly from the op.
PLEASE any suggestions very welcome

lilacclaire Tue 29-Sep-09 20:12:00

If it doesnt fit it doesn't fit unfortunately.
Can you borrow/ebay/charity shop for something?

mumski Tue 29-Sep-09 21:06:16

What I think I really need is suggestions of a dress or style which would suit me. I'm useless at shopping for myself and could do with a push in the right direction.
Would gladly E bay ect if I knew what to look for. smile

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 29-Sep-09 21:48:34

I hope that you feel better soon, Mumski.

Wrap dresses always work for me when my boobs are bigger than usual. You can always wear a cami top underneath to cover your cleavage up a bit. They are usually pretty forgiving on the stomach area as well.

I guess that charity shops or Ebay are your best chance for a teeny budget.

I noticed this dress on Ebay earlier which is an 18:
Monsoon Sorcha

Fenn Wright Manson wrap dresses are lovely - good quality material and therefore very flattering.
FWM wrap

SofaKingSpecial Wed 30-Sep-09 07:26:36

Agree with the wrap dress suggestion.

FWM dresses are lovely and very forgiving. I'd also only go with a fixed wrap as often they're draped slightly over the tummy area. If it's not fixed I find that to get the dress to feel securely tied it can be quite tight and doesn't look flattering.

Monsoon dresses aren't very generous in the norks area.

mumski Wed 30-Sep-09 10:10:03

Yes a wrap looks a good idea.
just seen this on e bay:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Definitions-Side-Frill-Mock-Wrap-Dress-Red-18_W0QQitemZ250492361293QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZWomen_s_Clothing?hash=item3a52821a4d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2338wt_866

Lovely but mutton and lamb?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 30-Sep-09 10:55:09

Do you love your arms? If not, cheaper to avooid sleeveless and the cost of a jacket/shrug etc.

I can't see that dress having much give in it, so norks might be an issue.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 30-Sep-09 11:02:46

This should be very flattering and it's a good (expensive) brand:

Artigiano wrap

Katz Wed 30-Sep-09 11:19:41

bravissimo have dresses for big boobs, could try that on ebay, have a look at their website for how the curvy super curvy sizing works.

I have a number of their tops which are really flattering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now