Talk

Advanced search

Please come and tell me if dyeing my hair purple is a reeeally bad idea or will result in some kind of 'ah, now I feel more like ME' wonderment?

(7 Posts)
notgettingmuchdone Sun 30-Aug-09 00:09:36

My blonde highlights have grown out of my mousy / greying hair to the stage of my head looking 'two toned' (thanks for that, DH) and I have not the time or cash to be back at the hairdressers for more highlights. Throw in a dash of mid-life crisis (new tattoo, bit of depression, hateful job etc) and some time off work feeling more like the old me and suddenly I'm in possession of a dark purple permanent hair dye.

Thing is, will I swagger back to work on Tues looking and feeling ready to kick everyone's ass or will I look like a dreadful old trout trying to look cool??? Also, job is a bit corporate (although they make grand statements about diversity....) so am a bit concerned about how it might go down - but still want to do it.

Your votes here please!!

PortBlacksandResident Sun 30-Aug-09 00:15:07

How about a nice warm and funky orange shade?

PortBlacksandResident Sun 30-Aug-09 00:17:28

.........which is what i did at one point. If you want to go purple (which DH has done on occasion) - go for it.

cheesesarnie Sun 30-Aug-09 00:21:49

go for it!only thing with purple is that as it fades-and it does fade fast-it goes grey/old lady tint colour.(as my friend in 6th form found when his very trendy purple locks went grey!).

AnnieLobeseder Sun 30-Aug-09 00:24:06

I do love purple hair, and it will wash out. Go for it!!

LadyOfWaffle Sun 30-Aug-09 00:24:42

brght red.

notgettingmuchdone Sun 30-Aug-09 00:44:43

grin will be purple tomorrow morning, thanks ladies!!!!!!!!

Am expecting it to fade quick, but reckon for £5 I can re-do it or dye over with a longer lasting colour.

LoW I'd love to do red but is the company colour and don't want to look like a kiss-arse wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now