Talk

Advanced search

I URGE you to buy this dress. It is £14 and looks great

(31 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Wed 26-Aug-09 13:37:11

It's from Matalan!

It is £14!

Looks amazing, and 100% viscose so no ironing/pilling/creases.

here it is

And I am 31, so not just for the very young crowd. I bought the 8 and the 10, and even though I prefer the 8 I cannot bring myself to send the 10 back - it is so cheap and such a good autumn/winter (even summer!) dress I may as well just have a spare slightly bigger one!

I tried it with long leggings, with opaque tights, with skinny jeans, with bare legs, looked great with each.

And it ia £14!!

potatofactory Wed 26-Aug-09 13:43:38

I like it! smile

MadreInglese Wed 26-Aug-09 13:43:44

Hmm, a bit too flowery for me

Fimbo Wed 26-Aug-09 13:46:56

Aye because you are the right size for it.

The dc would be able to play hide and seek underneath it on me.

Jewelsandgems Wed 26-Aug-09 13:53:29

fimbo I think it would look good on all sizes - has a lovely elasticated detail that creates a lovely hourglass shape. My husband did say it made my arse look bigger than usual though (but I quite like big arses) grin

OrmIrian Wed 26-Aug-09 13:54:21

I would look huge in that. But pretty though.

SammyK Wed 26-Aug-09 13:54:34

Ah I know someone who is an 8/10 and wears lovely dresses bought in the sale or from Primarni, she always looks great in them, whereas I look like a hideous frump!

Glad you found a bargain though that you like and looks nice on. smile

Umlellala Wed 26-Aug-09 13:56:29

Ooh looks great! Will try and get to a Matalan...

spicemonster Wed 26-Aug-09 13:59:44

Ooh that's nice. I have a dress I got in Matalan last year which cost £18 and which I've now worn to 2 weddings and received a load of compliments. I shall try and get down there

Thandeka Wed 26-Aug-09 14:11:22

Yup Umlellala you defo have the figure for it and would look ace on you. I defo don't. That dress is very pretty but god it would make me look like I was full term with triplets rather than 17 weeks with one and it would also look like one triplet was on each hip!
Sniff. This is why I dont do dresses.

(Thandeka is secretly very glad that now she is pregnant she can serenely say "due feb" and smile sweetly instead of snarling "no I fudging am not, I'm just fat!" when the question arises)

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 26-Aug-09 14:13:09

do you still have to a member to shop in matalan?

Umlellala Wed 26-Aug-09 14:22:25

Aw, thanks grin

I tried on one of those tulip dresses (with a perplum? is that right? sounds rude...) and looked like my mum at a wedding in 1988. sad and shock that I am now of an age that is Too Old for things. So would be v impressed if I could get away with a nice floral number...

MrsBadger Wed 26-Aug-09 14:28:57

peplum, it is a peplum

if ypou are pearshaped or bigger than a 14 DO NOT buy this dress

yoru arse will look colossal

tulpe Wed 26-Aug-09 14:29:59

no membership required for matalan . I love the dress. Tis very pretty.

FlightHattendant Wed 26-Aug-09 14:36:56

Hmm I somehow cannot bring myself to DO ditsy floral prints. I can't. I just....can't <sobs>

but bargain if it suits you smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 26-Aug-09 15:16:09

DH doesn't like and as he is better at choosing clothes then me, I won't be buying it.

Jewelsandgems Wed 26-Aug-09 17:49:31

baker your hmm DH doesn't like it and chooses your clothes?

Wow you are brave!

Jewelsandgems Wed 26-Aug-09 17:54:26

Ooops baker my post sounds rather nasty - sorry didn't mean offence.

I am 'The Girl In The Little Floral Dress' so am biased to all things floral, shortish and a dress-like And £14! grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 26-Aug-09 18:08:30

He doesn't choose all my clothes but quite often he will point things out that I wouldn't look twice at and I try them on and they are great on me.

Jewelsandgems Wed 26-Aug-09 19:22:04

baker Good for you

Fimbo Wed 26-Aug-09 23:34:16

Ooh Baker my dh does that too and it is fab, especially when something is ££££ and he says it looks great, have it if you want it. He did that recently with a bag, the style of which I have been looking for, for ages. I didn't even spot it in the shop grin

hellzapoppin Wed 26-Aug-09 23:46:56

Size 8/10 is about right.
I've fallen for those floral numbers before and although I'm a size 12 and tall, I resemble a cart horse wearing a curtain in them.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 11:57:52

It is great, Fimbo grin

I have bought him 2 tshirts and a jacket today but the jacket is a maybe. hmm I am rubbish at clothes shopping.

Supercherry Thu 27-Aug-09 12:02:37

It's very Holly Willoughby.

PitysSake Thu 27-Aug-09 13:05:15

ooh noo too frilly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now