Talk

Advanced search

Can't accessorize for toffee. Have a dress, and feck all else. Please help me before I end up wearing flip flops and a blazer.

(8 Posts)
snigger Thu 20-Aug-09 14:21:13

This is the dress I'm wearing to a friends wedding in October www.jaeger.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1094&productid=630049R&productvar=630049R-07400-10&refpage=1368

What next?

penona Thu 20-Aug-09 14:26:49

Oooh that looks lovely! I would think a funky chunky necklace and a wrap/pashmina type thing would finish it off. Plus some heels, black would do if can't match the colour. I have some strappy black velvet sandals that get worn with everything, so were a good investment.
Have some lovely chunky necklaces in MnS Autograph at the moment (also some cute MaryJane type patent shoes).

alarkaspree Thu 20-Aug-09 14:26:57

I'd go for a large disc drop collar necklace, oatmeal mini bond, and navy lizzie paisley scarf.

BunnyLebowski Thu 20-Aug-09 14:33:12

Oooh that's pretty!

I think some metallic shoes and a bag would work really well. Gold, silver or (my preference) pewter.

Some suggestions

lovely

similar

more pricey

not pewter but gorgeous and would work

pretty and there's a bag and wrap on the page too!

snigger Thu 20-Aug-09 14:42:40

<<yes, quite, alarkaspree - except the stuff they're suggesting is hideous grin>>

I'm not great at wraps and pashminas - I faff too much and a silver wrap may leave me with the possibility of looking like a disaster victim under a foil blanket...

Thank you for the links, Bunny - I'm loving the second Faith pewter sandal very much.

Shoes : tick.

I know I sound pathetic but I really get stressed about putting togther formal outfits - if I have pewter shoes, what colours should I go for with jewellery, wrap/jacket, bag, hat/hair stuff etc? I don't want to be matchy-matchy, but I never know the line between over-coordination and technicolour grin

BunnyLebowski Thu 20-Aug-09 14:51:37

I would keep it quite simple tbh. A bag to match the shoes - some possibles here

cgi.ebay.co.uk/fab-pewter-colur-clutch-bag_W0QQitemZ220466588182QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash =item3354d52a16&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_924

love this one!

Not a silver wrap though. Either a dressy cardie or a wrap in similar colour to the dress.

Some simple but eyecatching jewellery and hair up in a messy bun style - maybe a sparkly clip but absolutely not, under any circumstances, a fascinator!

snigger Thu 20-Aug-09 16:40:28

Ok.

I've just ordered a teal organza wrap - hopefully in sameish shades to my dress.

I've ordered the pewter shoes.

I'm contemplating this necklace from Phase Eight.

Pewter clutch, or teal/jade?

FrameyMcFrame Thu 20-Aug-09 16:52:42

I'd go with matching shoes and bag so pewter.
will pull it all together. GREAT dress btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now