Talk

Advanced search

Help customising a dress Gok Wan Styleee

(5 Posts)
sazzlelou Fri 05-Jun-09 17:46:28

Hello you lovely style-gurus

Does anybody have any idea how I could customise the dress on my profile to make it look different?

I've worn it a couple of times but want and feel comfortable in it and fancy changing it instead of trying to find a new dress for a party I have coming up.

Thanks in advance

TrillianAstra Fri 05-Jun-09 17:56:38

Ooh, pretty dress.

Don't know about Gok, but could you have a belt with it? Or are you thinking of sewing things? A trim on the edge of the neckline and sleeves? Or spangly bits?

Is it V at the back too? Could you have something hanging in that space?

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 05-Jun-09 17:58:54

Gorgeous frock. tbh, it is so distinctive, and with draping fabric, I think changing it might muck it up.

sorry

themoon Fri 05-Jun-09 18:17:26

Large corsage thingy on one shoulder?

sazzlelou Fri 05-Jun-09 21:23:08

Oooh, great ideas thanks.

I do love it. Its my bro's wedding coming up and I really cant afford to buy something new, plus it takes me ages to find nice dresses that fit me and i feel comfortable in.

It is a v at the back too so I could do something with that.
Might try a belt too.
Not sure if i dare sew anything on.

There is a mark on one shoulder where i caught my bracelet on it and it pulled it a little so could add a corsage there.

All good idea's and thanks for liking the dress, was worried i'd get "that's horrible" comment grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now