Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Les Cacas from Lush?

(17 Posts)
WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 14:33:33

I bought some caca marron henna from Lush today, have a leaflet on how to use it, but I'm not sure how much to use. The leaflet says to use a block, but does it mean the whole huge block, or do I have to break one of the smaller squares off and use that? Is it easy enough to use or have I made a huge mistake buying this stuff?

whymummy Thu 05-May-05 14:34:53

is that what they're called??? that means brown poo in spanish,lol

Doddle Thu 05-May-05 14:37:43

I use it all the time, I use caca rouge. How long is your hair? Mine's shoulder length and quite thick, I use nearly the whole big block on mine.

Tips are: leave it on as long as you can, i often leave it for 10 hours; cover it with clingfilm and a towel; wear rubber gloves; and most importantly, put a thick line of vaseline around your hairline and on your ears to stop them turning a delightful shade of orange!!

Good Luck!

WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 14:40:40

I have fine chin length hair, so wasn't sure whether I should use less, but if you use the whole block then perhaps that's what I need to do. Thanks, Doddle - not sure I want to leave it for 10 hours though

The poo thing is deliberate; they do chestnut poo, red poo, black poo and brown poo

whymummy Thu 05-May-05 14:42:36

nice

fastasleep Thu 05-May-05 14:42:47

That's the stuff that turned my hair GINGER no no no no no! I have no idea why/how it did that as I have mid-brown hair...and I definately bought Caca Marron

I'm sure yours will work just perfectly though!

fastasleep Thu 05-May-05 14:43:33

...It smells vaguely like pot... just thought I'd add lol

WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 14:44:11

Ginger .... oh no! Perhaps I should just sling it in the bin, knowing my luck it'll turn my hair green or something!

fastasleep Thu 05-May-05 14:48:52

Nah WWB honeslty that's never happened to anyone else I've known who's tried it... I think it's just me! Also they have lots of feedback on lush.com about it and it gets rave reviews... I must have done it wrong!

Doddle Thu 05-May-05 14:54:48

WigWamBam, how dark is your hair to begin with? Mine is very, very dark brown with 'attractive' grey highlights. It goes a very deep red, with twinkly red highlights. I probably wouldn't use it if I was much fairer.

WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 14:56:08

Mine's light mousy brown - very flat and very boring!

Doddle Thu 05-May-05 14:57:06

I probably wouldn't leave it for 10 hours if I was you then!!!

WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 14:58:04

Hehehe, probably not! I wasn't brave enough to buy the caca rouge, I would love to have done ... I'll see how I get on with the marron and then see how brave I feel next time

suzywong Thu 05-May-05 15:13:25

I've used it a couple of times and never had the time to leave it on for more than 2 hours, and never got much out of it, think doddle is right the trick must be to leave it on overnight

motherinferior Thu 05-May-05 15:29:34

In the days when I hennaed my hair I used to leave it on for five hours. Mulching away and occasionally slurping down the back of my neck.

fee77 Thu 05-May-05 15:46:00

I have used it - it made my hair feel and smell fab - the downside is how long you have to leave it on for. You look like a right div, and can't have kisses and cuddles off your kids in case they get covered in it!

WigWamBam Thu 05-May-05 19:32:59

I'm thinking of doing it next week when dh is away and I won't feel or look such a prat. It sounds as if I should do it after dd has gone to bed then leave it on overnight (and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't go ginger )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now