Talk

Advanced search

Shop with me! What do you think of these coats for DD (17mo)?

(8 Posts)
lilQuidditchKel Wed 08-Oct-08 10:32:08

Hi

DD needs a warm wool-type coat for days when a fleece or rain coat is not quite enough - something padded perhaps but not too thick, so she can still fit into the buggy & carseat (and doesn't overheat if we briefly go into a shop/cafe).

She has fairly strong colouring, with brown hair and bright blue eyes, so am thinking something in red or navy. A hood would be cute.

A duffle coat perhaps?

Mothercare has this one: red buttons

Or this one from Next? black 3 button

I never bought a winter coat for a girl before, and DS was always given one from his cousins!

AccidentalMum Wed 08-Oct-08 10:34:29

Love the Next one best....Mothercare one too slimline for a toddler and JoJo one too bulky. DD1 is always bought yucky coats...I am soo ungrateful blush

becklespeckle Wed 08-Oct-08 10:35:47

The Next one is the nicest!

lilQuidditchKel Wed 08-Oct-08 14:23:20

any other suggestions out there?

hippipotami Wed 08-Oct-08 14:26:53

The Next one is the best because it looks the most 'loose' fitting - she will be able to run and climb like any other 17mo without being restricted by her coat smile

RamblingRosa Wed 08-Oct-08 14:34:57

I like the jojo one best. I got a lovely one for my 12mo at M&S. Also got her a really fleecy hoody from Baby Gap sale which is good for those chilly days when it's not quite coat whether or just going on car trips.

ledodgy Wed 08-Oct-08 14:36:56

I think the Jo Jo one is the best. The Next one looks like it would blow open where there are no buttons which is no good on a cold day.

SquiffyHock Wed 08-Oct-08 14:37:21

I got the Next one for DD - it's gorgeous but really weird sizing, strangely long arms. I'm going to take it back and see if I've got a defective one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now