lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 11:52:43

winter boots, preferably wedges

a mac/ raincoat of some description

a really decent black roll neck sweater

a winter bag

shoestring budget please!

tia grin

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 11:55:37

Ooh - Primark apparently has a raincoat. Will try to find thread.

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 11:56:58

Primark thread here.

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 12:05:08

thanks jackie. sadly primark raincoats are not good for the ample of bosom. need a plan B!

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 12:06:37

Ah I seegrin. Though if you're really ample of bosom, can I advise against a black roll neck? Won't be flattering.

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 12:12:07

but i love black roll necks. have i been making a terrible faux pas every winter for the last 15 years???

what would you recommend?

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 12:20:50

V-necks much more flattering to the larger of nork - with high necks of any sort you can just end up with a huge expanse of covered up chest/nork/neck, making it all look larger than it is. V-neck will break it up a bit, and make things look smaller. On the other hand, you can just say sod it - I need the warmth and keep on with the roll necksgrin. It's not all about how you look, necessarily.

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 12:22:13

grin if i wear a v neck i run the risk of nork escapage and cleavage on show which is not the look i am after !! i shall persist with my roll neck and look like chesty morgan!

JackieNo Mon 01-Sep-08 13:59:29

I know what you mean - but it doesn't have to be a deep v neck. Or if it is, you can wear a camisole underneath. The shape still works.

Nbg Mon 01-Sep-08 14:03:39

Would your boobage fit into this?

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 14:06:09

oooh ! wow ! definitely! as they go up to a size 30 grin thank you

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 14:06:27

thanks jackie.

Nbg Mon 01-Sep-08 14:09:06

Excellent!

I was going to order it a couple of weeks ago but they were sold out. I ended up getting the primark one though which is great.

As for bags, what sort of bag do you want?
Over the shoulder, messenger style, big, small, colour?

lulumama Mon 01-Sep-08 14:20:08

somethng with a shoulder strap.. roomy, but not a mahoosive bin bag type

eviz Mon 01-Sep-08 21:06:28

Lulu - any luck with boots?

I was shopping today. Some nice brown boots in Topshop here

They're not wedge, but heels weren't too intimidating!

Pannacotta Mon 01-Sep-08 21:42:58

lulu what sixze do you need? Have you looked at H&M?
Also would look at M&S and Accessorize for bags.
Have to agree with JackieNo about roll neck tops, only for B cups and under IMHO!!

jvs Mon 01-Sep-08 21:46:01

lovely o2 wedge boots on ebay..... just type in oxygen boots size (whatever). about £40 though which is not exactly shoe string budget but cheaper than the rrp of £70!

jvs Mon 01-Sep-08 21:48:56

oh and next directory have roll necks two for one ( I think) as well.....

lulumama Tue 02-Sep-08 14:19:41

thank you all!!

DH actually bought me a surprise winter bag yesterday.. black and white with silver studs.. sounds eeek ! but actually nice.

so that is that solved

boots.. prefer something more platformy /wedgey but thanks ! i never thought of top shop for shoes , will look next time am in town

have some M&S voucers so will go next week when DS at school and DD at pre school.

went to matalan today and DD not impressed with shopping±

thanks very much everyone xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now