Talk

Advanced search

aw crap. I'm going to need SLap. What should I do?

(9 Posts)
Califrau Sun 24-Aug-08 18:57:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bluebell1 Sun 24-Aug-08 19:24:01

Why dont you treat yourself and get it done at a beauty salon most salons offer packages which include a trial before the day.It will be nice and stress free.smile.

shreddies Sun 24-Aug-08 19:24:36

Don't feel you need to wear tons of slap if you don't usually, but I rate Bobbi Brown for natural looking stuff. They tend to be v unpushy too

brimfull Sun 24-Aug-08 19:27:56

tbh I think you should just wear what you feel comfortable with,maybe just a bit to mascara and lip gloss.

Just becasue she's into makeup doesn't mean you need to plaster yourself with the stuf

be yourself

RipMacWinkle Sun 24-Aug-08 19:33:43

I agree with bluebell - for a couple of family weddings I treated myself to a local salon make up. It was most relaxing (and a great excuse to get out of the house!). Also, by the time you go out and buy foundation, mascara, lippy/gloss etc etc getting this done will cost less. Obviously that's unless you're planning to keep wearing it. In which case buying is cheaper.

Honestly, I'd consider this. As bluebell said, you usually can get the option of a trial which means you can make sure you're really happy with it before hte day and then it's one less stress to think about.

WilfSell Sun 24-Aug-08 19:36:35

Believe it or not, purple shades look beautiful on people with your colouring. Try out some between dusky grey purple and pale lilac to see what you like an what suits you.

Then go for a teeny bit of pale cover up under eyes and to even out bits that need it (NOT the freckles: leave em they're lovely)

You could use a bit of cheek stain just to enhance your natural colouring: benefit cheek stain is quite a bluey red but it does tend to blend with your own colouring quite well.

I would go for a slightly tinted lipgloss (again only one or two shades away from your natural colour) and then you should look beautiful!

WilfSell Sun 24-Aug-08 19:38:47

sorry you asked about brands...

Well I am loving Chanel vitalumiere foundation as recommended by MN.

You will doubtless need the lighted shade 10 Limpide. It is VERY blendable though if you buy the liquid so you'll only need it where you need it IYSWIM...

WilfSell Sun 24-Aug-08 19:39:05

Lighted? Lightest...

catchingzeds Sun 24-Aug-08 20:00:39

I have the same colouring as you and had a complete nightmare finding make up for my wedding a few weeks ago. I had trials at 3 different salons and hated all of them, 2 days before the wedding and in total panic I went to Estee Lauder and they were FAB!!
Very natural make up but it gave me a radiant look, they were the only ones that didn't try and cover my freckles ( I have millions!). Splashed out £100 and got mascara, foundation + brush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, bronzer and loads of freebies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now