Talk

Advanced search

Help I need a new look

(6 Posts)
bluebell1 Wed 20-Aug-08 09:47:16

Hi all i havent asked for advice in this section before so be kind.Im going back to college in september and dont have a clue what to wear.I havent bought any clothes in a long time.Im 5ft 3 and at present a size 14-16 im losing weight quite quickly though as im on a vlcd.I would just like advice on a few essentials that i should have in my wardrobe.I seem to wear the same sort of thing most days at the moment as i have been unhappy with my body since having my second child in 2006.

Jewelsandgems Wed 20-Aug-08 14:23:46

I think your main essential would be some great jeans - get them so they are long on you, and wear with a nice platform court shoe or boot (the reason I am saying platform is that they give you height without meaning a sk high heel) and should help you look taller thus more streamlined.

Tops-wise, you haven't said what shape you are, or what you looks you hate so is hard to make a suggestion....have you a defined waist (in which case perhaps a lovely belted wool coat - can be worn with skirts too)...

bluebell1 Wed 20-Aug-08 14:32:26

Thanks for your reply jewelsandgemssmile.Sorry new to this.I am a pear shape i think big bottom,wide hips.I do have a tummy but quite a defined and high waist.I am average up top neither big nor small.

What style of jeans would you suggest?Im so sorry im totally clueless.blush.

Jewelsandgems Wed 20-Aug-08 15:45:12

No worries bluebell

Jeans-wise, definately bootcut, darker in colour and ideally I think you want them to hug your leg to around your knee, and then flare out from there, giving you balance with regards to your hips.

I think these are really nice, are wider in the leg though but as long as you added height in the form of footwear, and a fitted top, I think would look great:

www.principles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/JEAN-TROUSERS/Chocolate-Bootcut-Smart-Jean/8069

This is a stright down wide-legged jean but again worn with heels would give you a lovely long-legged look (but there is a chance without rught footwear you may look squatty) and the higher waist may work well for you too:
www.principles.co.uk/fcp/product/-/JEAN-TROUSERS/Black-Denim-Style-Wide-Leg-Jean/7970

Do you like the style of any of those? I have literelly just picked a few from the one website. And also, have you a budget in mind?

Jewelsandgems Wed 20-Aug-08 20:17:40

Also these:
oasis jeans

darker oasis ones

bluebell1 Thu 21-Aug-08 09:08:55

Ooh i love both of the oasis jeans i havent worn jeans in ages.I dont really have a budget in mind but i dont want to be spending too much as i am planning to keep shrinkinggrin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now