Revlon one step

(12 Posts)
bendmeoverbackwards Thu 29-Apr-21 09:24:48

Do you have one and is it worth it?

I've been using a babyliss big hair which is sort of ok. I usually have to go over my hair with the straighteners afterwards.

Would you recommend the Revlon one?

OP’s posts: |
ILoveWillSmith Tue 04-May-21 17:05:10

I've got both but I prefer the Revlon - it doesn't pull your hair out like the Big Hair! I feel as though I have more control over it as well because its not turning.

ZaraW Tue 04-May-21 17:11:44

I don't use mine much as it fried the ends. It does give good results.

Coconut2010 Tue 04-May-21 18:21:21

I find it amazing. After 30 years of blow drying my hair I finally have the result I like in 10 minutes or less thanks to the Revlon One Step (and my hairdresser is going bust as a result grin ). However my hair quality is not great so I try and only use it once a week as it delivers quite a lot of heat.

Tillytess Tue 04-May-21 20:12:08

I have both and use them to achieve different results. I use the revolving hot brush to finish off 80% dried hair to get loose curls and the one step for a smoother, full bodied look. My hair is shoulder length and thick and the one step dries it pretty quickly from towel dried. I benefited a lot from viewing a few 'how to' tutorials on youtube.

Coffeepot72 Tue 04-May-21 21:22:17

I’ve got both - the Babyliss Big Hair definitely gives big hair (the clue is in the name!) and I need a quick run through with the straighteners afterwards, otherwise I look a bit ‘bouffant’.

The Revlon gives a sleeker finish.

Both stylers are fab, but it just depends what result you want?

cherrypiepie Tue 04-May-21 22:45:55

I absolutely love my one step. Never had the babyliss big hair so can't compare, but the revlon is amazing - used it everyday since November. Gives my hair movement and body. I section it and do it in three stages - every Morning before work it's so easy and quite I that I've to use.

I paid £32 on Amazon deal so keep eye out for price fluctuations!

bendmeoverbackwards Sun 09-May-21 10:04:17

Thanks all, I’m going to get one!

Annetisa17 Sun 09-May-21 10:19:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

bendmeoverbackwards Sun 16-May-21 17:46:53

There seem to be a number of different models with different shaped brushes. Which one should I get for mid length thickish hair?

bendmeoverbackwards Sun 16-May-21 17:48:05

I don’t know how this one differs from the round brush one

www.amazon.co.uk/REVLON-Collection-Salon-Dryer-Styler/dp/B072VHDXWW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=revlon+one+step+hair+dryer&sprefix=revlon+one+&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1621183641&sr=8-4

cherrypiepie Sun 16-May-21 18:02:12

The large oval barrel one is the one step that volumises and smoothes.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in