Advanced search

Have you heard of bombachas and do you know where I can get some?

(20 Posts)
dudsville Mon 02-Nov-20 12:02:46

Hope the link works. I saw an interesting style of trousers on the Brora website, but they only had it in one fabric/colour and that didn't suit me. I've tried googling. I'm wondering if it is a style available in the uk but by a different name???

OP’s posts: |
dudsville Mon 02-Nov-20 16:48:55

Hopeful bump

OP’s posts: |
dazzlingdeborahrose Mon 02-Nov-20 19:09:36

A hareem trouser?

MikeUniformMike Mon 02-Nov-20 20:18:10

cuffed trousers?

MikeUniformMike Mon 02-Nov-20 20:21:09

gaucho pants?

MikeUniformMike Mon 02-Nov-20 20:22:34 have some

dudsville Wed 04-Nov-20 07:43:36

Thanks all! I don't want the harem pants - it's the pattern and cut of these that I like the look of. I've also searched under gaucho thanks, and that muita site is all I've found too. They don't have the fabric choices. I'll try the search "cuffed pant", thanks!!!

OP’s posts: |
dudsville Wed 04-Nov-20 07:46:07

The Cuffed trousers search shows joggers...

OP’s posts: |
calamityjam Wed 04-Nov-20 07:50:26

The fabric is corduroy so add that in with your search

calamityjam Wed 04-Nov-20 07:53:32

Found these on Etsy

AdventureCode Wed 04-Nov-20 07:54:28

I have these, mine are from Oska

BunnyBoilerRhian Wed 04-Nov-20 07:57:35

Back 8n the 80s I had a pair like this. People referred to them as pedal pushers.
I know these days pp are usually tight or slim in fit but you could try searching znd see wgat comes up.

bellagogosdead Wed 04-Nov-20 07:58:13

Pedal pushers?smile I had a lovely velvet pair when I was 9.

AdventureCode Wed 04-Nov-20 08:01:52

Pedal pushers generally go to just past the knee though,mine go to the ankle, so full trousers. It will help OP if you say if you are looking for them to be either full trousers or cropped.

BunnyBoilerRhian Wed 04-Nov-20 08:02:14

Found these in a shop called Poetry

anboto Wed 04-Nov-20 09:56:39

I know them as bombachos, very similar spelling. Try looking for that. It does bring up the Brora ones, but you might find more places. I had a pair of bombachos in my teens (during the 80s)!

MikeUniformMike Wed 04-Nov-20 16:08:40

OP, you could try looking for plus fours - countrywear stockist might sell them.or golfing clothes stockists.

Or knickerbockers, as worn by Lady Di.

MikeUniformMike Wed 04-Nov-20 16:17:18

Lady Di's were by Margaret Howell I think.
I seem to recall that Plumo might have stocked gaucho pants back in the 1990s(?).

MikeUniformMike Wed 04-Nov-20 16:30:13

I'd be tempted to get some but I've just got rid of my riding boots.

dudsville Thu 05-Nov-20 17:34:01

Ooh, thanks for the new ideas folks!!!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in